Giving up the dream

40s Gal

Reaction score
Well I'm out. I had a long talk with my husband and he's had a real change of heart where he is ready to give up on the idea of trying for kids. I'm thinking the same thing. A couple of months ago, two months after my miscarriage, my periods have become on the light side and late. I'm going to be 44 in March and think I am entering perimenopause. I should have gotten my period yesterday and I bled spotty for one day, two days ago, then nothing. I've tested and I'm not pregnant. I don't think I'm ovulating and just don't think its in the cards for me.

I'm going to have a call to my doctor to make sure every thing seems normal. But going to call it a day. I'm going to bow out of the forum and move on. He's even willing to make an appointment for a vasectomy so I don't have to go on any birth control.

We both have plans that by next year we will be doing more traveling and exploring and planning things with his girls. So I'm ambivalent not quite happy yet, however, I know I would be happy for either outcome. As both having a child and not affords different opportunities. I wish only the best for all of you.

I'm happy in my relationship and life, just won't get that chance to experience pregnancy. I'm already a great influence and step mom to two beautiful girls, whom I love dearly.

Take care all of you! I am glad I found this forum to weather my ups and downs this past 6 months.

:D

Giant hugs for you!

This is such a difficult decision to make and I know it must have been tough for you and your husband. I hope you find peace and enjoy your step children now and in the future. Talk to your doctor, to check about the menopause.

Best wishes xx

aw what ashame i hope you are happy hun with your future plans

Wow, what a brave decision, I'm full of admiration for you. Be happy x

A massive decision which can't have been easy for you - take care and all the best. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->