Glad to be PG in winter not summer!

Dougal1983

Pregnant with #1
Reaction score
With the weather so shocking at the minute (I'm UK) I'm actually very glad I will be going through the majority of my pregnancy in the winter!

Based on this summer, I can only imagine how horrendous it must be to be heavily pregnant when its 30c!!

In winter, you want the extra weight to keep warm, and it makes Xmas easier- I'm eating for 2 haha!!

I was heavily pregnant at the start of summer 2012! My son was born 26th June, but we had loads of 30c weather in the weeks before he was born, that was hard and my feet ballooned!
This one is due in May so hopefully won't be too hot before lol x

That will help at the end of pregnancy!! My last baby was due in August but came in July! Being that big in the hot weather was awful. Luckily my work place was air conditioned :) this one is due 17th April an they won't let me go past 38 weeks. When are you due? X

I'm due 18th May, and this year May was wet and horrible (I vividly remember as we went camping!) so can only hope its the same next year!

Same! My friend was heavily pregnant in July this year when it was SO hot, and she was miserable! Though I do remember April/May a couple of years ago being unseasonably hot so we might not totally escape it, lol!

I was heavily pregnant jun july and gave birth in august n omg it was ughhh I hid in the basement 24/7 so im superrrrr happy itll be cooler weather this time around!!

Last time I was pregnant, I was due August but went overdue till September! It was awful and I vowed never to be heavily pregnant in summer again!

Hence this sticky bean is due in May, can't wait to have a little Xmas bump!

I agree, it's been horrible today (also UK) so I'm glad to put the heating on and get cosy!! Bring on the winter of jumpers and uggs!! I will def be tucking in this Christmas!!! Yum xx

Yes this is the right time to get pregnant! I should know as my dates are mirror image of my DD, she was born 2 weeks late but my edd is same for this baby as hers was 25th April! It was still legging/t-shirt weather up until she was born which was fine! It was about 3 weeks after she was born we had the first of hottish weather in UK.

I was 3rd tri last summer and working in a court building.... Damn near sweated to death lol

I had my first in September and my second in August. It was miserable! I am so glad to have an April baby this time. Here in colorado we get snow well into March and even April, so this should be much better.

I wasn't heavily pregnant during the summer in my first pregnancy (she was born beginning November) but I am looking forward to not having the newborn stage in the depths of winter! Our house gets so cold I was always so worried about keeping her warm enough and hated taking the pram out when it was icy!

I am so happy to be having a spring baby edd 1st April. Means all those cold winter nights I can stay in and hibernate and not feeling guilty that I should be out and about and then when baby arrives it should be nice enough to go for walks etc.

Perfect timing ladies!!!

I am glad of the same! I feel like my body is a freaking furnace lately. I can never get enough AC right on me. I am sooooooo glad I'll be pregnant during the cold months instead of summer. The only thing I worry about though is falling on ice or down slippery steps.

My first was an August baby, so carrying in Summer was a nightmare and then as it was getting colder, getting up in the middle of the night freezing, to do feeds all the time was also a nightmare!!

So this time a nice Winter Pregnancy, happy 2nd Tri around Christmas and then when the baby is born in May the nights will be getting warmer so no freezing night time escapades!

Happy days!

I am glad of the same! I feel like my body is a freaking furnace lately. I can never get enough AC right on me. I am sooooooo glad I'll be pregnant during the cold months instead of summer. The only thing I worry about though is falling on ice or down slippery steps.

Hmmm hadn't thought of that. I don't even have a bump yet but already the clutz factor is increasing! Ice could be difficult!!!

I had my son in January which was nice when I was heavily pregnant as I didn't overheat. I do remember though while I was in labour, I kept complaining how hot it was in the room, I was absolutely boiling! they had a fan on me and icy cold water on stand by. I remember thinking im pleased the baby wasn't due in the summer! im due May 3rd this time round, and hoping we don't have a hot april/may like weve had the last few years. :/

Yeah it's on my mind constantly, even though it hasn't even started to get cold here yet. We happen to have a rather long flight of crumbling concrete steps outside our door (ugh, landlord...) with no railing. We should be moving before any snow hits but it got me started contemplating all the winter dangers. Like my commute to work, with other cars all spinning out on the ice and snow - I was very nearly killed last year.

I'm due towards the end of May with my second baby. I'm paranoid about showing early and people guessing (even the bloating is worse this time!) so hurray for chunky jumpers to hide my potential bump ;)

I'm due February. .the middle of our Australian Summer. .will be expecting 40-45c days where I am from Christmas till due date.. same as my DD who was born 6 Feb 2011.. not our most ideal plan, but heck, after 2 years ttc, I'll take heavily pregnant any season hahaa. Goodluck ladies xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->