glasgow centre for reproductive medicine, cardonald glasgow.

Evening girls,sand good idea getting gp to do the hep and HIV screen, mine ran tests no prob but oh's gp didn't as we weren't NHS patients how sad, surely that's more reason to do them since we are all tax payers, sorry rant over, it still makes me fizz...
I had a scan yesterday, on day 5 of gonalf but follies still small..... So to continue injecting and for another scan on Monday, bricking it big time,if truth be known.... I so want to have something to collect, anyway I'll find out on Monday about dates for collection hopefully... All the what ifs are the worst bit about this process...I'm trying hard to up the positivity.
Hope your all having a good weekend...

Stay positive Mandy, I'm sure you'll manage collection no bother. Good luck at the scan, let us know how you get on. Dh and I are going to the Sandyford for the screening tests, and we probably won't even say why we want them done... just that we want screened! I think the Sandyford are quite encouraging of everyone getting screened for these things so hopefully they won't have a problem. That's a poor show that your oh's doctor wouldn't screen him Mandy... you're right, we all pay NI so should be entitled to tests like these. In effect, by going for treatment at the GCRM you are actually saving the NHS money and resources, so why wouldn't the doctor just run the tests for your oh?!! I'm right with you on that rant! x

cheers Sand, thats a good call actually about the sandyford, I wish I'd been that sharp..I am working tomorrow so need to leave work for an hour or so to go for the scan I'll update as soon as.....

Good luck with your scan today Mandy. Sand, that is a good idea to get your bloods done at the Sandyford.

Hey ladies how is everyone doing? Mandy you will hopefully be getting EC this week, let us know how the scan goes.

Wallie sorry to hear your news about the house, it never rains but it pours eh, im sure you will find something that suits just as well, keep positive

Ive got my scan on Wednesday afternoon, very nervous x

hi girls, though I would join in as we have our first appointment at the GCRM on Thursday.

We have been trying for 2 years or so with no success, the NHS tests showed my husband had a count of 19 million and we were told we were unsuitable for IUI. He then had a final SA done and his counts had increased to 58 million so we are on the list for IUI.

Given the waiting time and the low success rates with IUI we have decided to fund IVF privately. We are going for the fertility assessments on Thursday then have an apt with Dr Gaudoin on the 9th August.

If anyone can recommend some questions we should be asking at our Consultation I would really appreciate it. Dont want to come away and have missed anything!!

Good luck to all the girls currently undergoing treatment! :hugs:

Hi macca! We were given lots of written information at our first appointment as there is lots to take in! I read over the stuff in the information pack before I went and just had one or two questions to ask. I really just wanted to ask about cost and success rates! I figured I would just do as they tell me for all the rest of the stuff! Good luck at your appointments:flower:

Hi girls scan went well, looks like I have 3 good size follicles with a few smaller ones....so I take the ovitrell injection tomorrow night and having egg collection on thursday, it's all happening very fast.... I am getting slightly excited but know it can all fall like a pack of cards at any stage, trying to reign it in....and not get carried away.. I'm delighted that the drugs have worked their magic so far..

Jac,good luck on Wednesday.... How have you been keeping?
Welcome macca...
Hello to everyone else xxx

Mandy good luck for today, I hope you get nice eggys, have everything crossed for you. Let us know how you get on

I had my scan yesterday and everything was great, found out im having twins!!! Totally shocked and it doesnt really feel real but over the moon.

Hope everyone else is doing well

Good luck Mandy :hugs:

Amazing news Jacqui!! You must be so excited! x

Hi everyone... It went well.. they got 6 eggs.... Shocked... Waiting on a call his afternoon for progress reports..just wanted to say jac... So very happy for you..take extra special care xxxx

Wow Jacqui! What a shocker!!
Fab news Mandy. Keeping everything crossed for you x

Afternoon everyone, 5 of the eggs have fertilised, get the results of PGS testing tomorrow and if all ok there they will transfer the eggs tomorrow,and hopefully pupo.
Hope everyone is well and enjoying the brief spells of nice weather today xxxx

Jacqui - excellent news! You must be over the moon?! :yipee:

Mandy - Good luck!

AFM - Sorry I've been off the forum for a wee while, needed a break. Today I got my follow up letter from the clinic. It's all very nice. It appears I had a chemical pregnancy. Sad but sort of encouraging too...but still not sure really how I feel about that.

They said that they'd just use my natural cycle to thicken the lining for when we try again with our frostie. Not sure when we'll do that but I'll phone and arrange something maybe next week.

It all seems very positive in here, the GCRM are really great and I feel they are the right clinic for my OH and I but we just need to try for a while longer to get our miracle.

:hugs:

Hope you all have a great weekend, inbetween all these mad raining showers today!

Hi wallie good to have you back honey... I agree gcrm are fantastic and will look after you...
Afm..
Out of the 5 embryos tested 2 were normal and the other 3 had had chromosome defects....currently I am pupo with 2 embies... Nothing to freeze... But hopefully at least one of the little guys will will stick.....
So I'm in the abyss of the 2 ww now.... How I hate that place...I'm going to try and enjoy it and dream it will be a success... It's out of my hands now so mother nature can do her job... Git my feet up in bed watching films....and have other half at my beck and call...hey I've done all the hard work so far... Hope you are all having a lovely weekend xxxxx

Excellent news Mandy, looks like the testing was worthwhile then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->