Glass Thermometer Slower in a Cold Room?

deductivemom

Cautiously expecting #1
Reaction score
I am well along in the TWW and no BFP yet, but I am wondering if anyone else who is temping can give some advice about an odd pattern on my BBT chart. About 4 days ago my temp started dropping and the last two days has stayed down just above the coverline. I was super bummed and sure AF would arrive any minute, but so far nothing (not even a hint). I know stranger things have happened on a chart and AF could be well on her way, but my chart has been perfect so far this month otherwise and so I have started looking for alternative explanations.

DH noted that our room has been getting colder the last few nights because the heat was off but there was a cold front moving through. He asked if that could cause it, but I didn't think so since I hadn't felt any colder in the mornings (just burrowing more in the covers I guess). But then I remembered a review I had read about the glass thermometer I've been using that sometimes the liquid moved more slowly than other times and it could take as long as 15 minutes to get an accurate temp! I hadn't noticed any problem before, but now that it's getting colder could I be having falsely low temps?

FWIW, I also took my temp this afternoon and it was exactly the same as it was this morning after 3-4 minutes (my usual wait time). I thought having the same temp in the afternoon as at first waking was odd. Then I popped it back in for another 5 minutes and the stinker went up by about .5 degrees more before finally showing no further increases.

Anyway, sorry for the long post and for probably grasping at straws, but does anyone have experience with these glass non-mercury thermometers? Are they temperamental about room temp? Anything I can do to rule out a cold room problem or to prevent my thermometer from slowing down in the cold?

Thanks, ladies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->