gloss paint?

vickilouise

Reaction score
im planning on doing a jungle book themed nursery when we get our own place, now im just wondering whether i can gloss a cot, if i decide to gloss it, it wont be me that glosses it and i wont be around whilst it drys. i was just wondering whether its safe to gloss the cot? tried looking it up and cant seem to find a definate yes or no.

Just asked my OH hun, and he says it should be fine
No effects on baby or anything once it is in use

this is my best advice... you can buy low smelly gloss from b&q its great, it usually takes just one coat but... if you dont sand and treat the cot with a base coat the gloss will chip off and could be dangerous, i think its better and safer to leave the cot as it is or buy a new one. no glosses have lead in them any more as they are illegal. but i wouldnt trust it for a baby. x x x x good luck. x x

this is my best advice... you can buy low smelly gloss from b&q its great, it usually takes just one coat but... if you dont sand and treat the cot with a base coat the gloss will chip off and could be dangerous, i think its better and safer to leave the cot as it is or buy a new one. no glosses have lead in them any more as they are illegal. but i wouldnt trust it for a baby. x x x x good luck. x x

i want a jungly green colour and cant find them anywhere, i also want the same colour furniture, it'd be hard finding it.
i wouldnt just paint the cot straight away id sand it down put a base coat then the gloss, like when i do the doors skirting boards that doesnt chip or flake.

im just wondering if their is a specific danger by way of toxins that can be harmful to the baby.

oh no just as long as you use a low smelly one. your all good. my mum wont let me have anything for the baby that is green she says its bad luck lol. well they do a jungle green. x x x

why is green bad luck?
i just dont want a sterile room, i want a fun room for my impending sh*tting machine.
i went to mamas and papas the other day and the bedding/decorations are so boring/bland in my opinion. im not intrested in beiges and browns i want bright and exciting colours. i want the nursery to look like a nursery and not a 'next living room' lol.

i have no idea why my mother says these silly things but it is a rule i must follow if i want a quiet life.
lol
i do kinda agree with you, but the baby cant see colours for a while so all those bland and boring designs are good. the only colours a baby is meant to see is white, black and red, i think if i was to paint the nursery these colours the baby would be classed as a goth x x x x lol

Doesn't green symbolizes hope?I have my bedroom painted green but the nursery will be pink or blue(I'm traditional)...

a jungle themed nursery sounds fab! when i was expecting i dyed all my white baby clothes and bedding red and black!

there should be no problem with gloss as long as the room is well aired out before your sh*t machine arives itll be fine :D

i like how you use s*it machine too i used to call my bumb a S*it weasle in honer of terry prachett

a jungle themed nursery sounds fab! when i was expecting i dyed all my white baby clothes and bedding red and black!

there should be no problem with gloss as long as the room is well aired out before your sh*t machine arives itll be fine :D

i like how you use s*it machine too i used to call my bumb a S*it weasle in honer of terry prachett

haha my dad called all of us it his little shitting machines lmao.
still does :blush:

well as far as the jungle book themed room ive got my heart set on it either that or lion king ive seen roller blinds that are covered in a leaf print and theyre quite cheap.
probably change my mind but i definately want it colourfull and exciting i want to do a mural... give me something to do on my mat leave haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->