glucose test

sinead266

Mother of 5
Reaction score
did anyone get one of these in the uk?? if so do you get a scan on the same day as well??

thanks

Hiya. They don't normally do scans the same day as the GTT. You normally just have the test done. My first test was done at the antenatal unit but on this one they are done in the lab, didn't even have to see a midwife x

I had one done a couple of weeks ago, and didn't have a scan. take some magazines though cause you have to wait two hours inbetween bloods being taken and its incredibly boring just sat there with nothing to do!

No scan. Just fasting and getting 2 bloods. 1 at 9am then drink sugar drink then at 11am. I called 2 days later for results. Was allowed water and walking about while waiting. Bring sandwich and banana for after!!x

I've had two GTT's (because my baby is measuring big).

The first time (at 28+4), I had to see the midwife in between the two hours because I hadn't seen my midwife in the past 7 days. I didn't have a scan.

The second time (at 36+1), I didn't see a midwife or have a scan (but I had a scan the day before which was why they sent me for the second GTT).

I was told I couldn't walk around because it activates your metabolism and can affect the results, but I was allowed to drink water.

Just make sure you book it for the morning! My first was at 9am, my second was at 2pm and it killed me not eating on the second one (especially as the receptionist staff were sat eating their lunch when I got there!)

Thanks ladies was hoping for another wee peek just lol, I'm in at 9am will be flat out on my blackberry for 2 hours by the looks of it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->