Glucose Tolerance Test

zilla

Reaction score
Due to PCOS, having to have the above done .. anyone else had it before? How long does it take?x

Hey few different lengths i think.

Im not having mine till 5th aug (about 27w) i got letter it says i'll be about 3hrs.
I havent had it before but not looking forward to hourly blood test 1 a day is enough haha x

I had to do it early because of family history, and the one I did was only an hour.

hourly blood tests?! I almost passed out having just one today. Urgh x

I had mine with my son at about 27 weeks or so, mine lasted only an hour, wasn't allowed to eat for so many hours prior to test, had to drink this nasty sugary drink then wait and they take blood to make sure you don't have gestational diabetes etc.. I dead having it done again

yeh says i need fast from 10pm night before.
my appt at 8:40am they will take blood. i have 5 mins to drink lucozade as they call it.
im not allowed to leave clinic as exercise effects result
i can only drink plain water, after 1 hour another blood test.
after 2hrs another blood then i can eat and drink normal test is done.

you shoukd find out whether its 1hr or 3hr. ive heard 1hr is not as accurate x

I had one with both pregnancies. With C, I didn't have GD. With Z, I did.

I did 1 hour with C. I did 4 hours with Z...

I had it with dd as ds was a big baby (10lbs 14oz). I had to fast and no liquids from 10pm the night before. Blood taken then horrid sugary drink. Sat in hospital for 3 hours with no food or drink before blood.was taken again (eventually by a consultant as the mws couldn't get blood from.my veins as I was so dehydrated). It was horrible but the tuna sandwich they gave me after was the tasty thing I'd ever had!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->