go away post-baby belly!

madefromtrees

Mum to a little dinkysaur
Reaction score
This is a random (probably pointless) post, but does anyone know of a good way to get rid of a slightly flabby tummy? lol.
It's not like a 'fat' tummy, just like stretched skin I suppose but it's really starting to get me down now.
Over a year after having little man I'd have thought something would have happened.
I had torn stomach muscles from labour too so still have a 'hole' that hasn't healed, and probably never will. *sigh*
I tried sit ups but they didnt really do anything. (and a lack of motivation most days didnt help.)

Anyone have any miracle cures? Or am I the only one with a granny belly at 21? :blush:

aww sorry hun my belly is in tatters too after an emergency c-section I have a large pouch :cry: that hangs over my section wound/scar but too lazy too do anything about it :blush:

If you tore your stomach muscles doubt sit ups would help tbh and prob not recommended you need something to strenghen your core- this will pull everything back into where it should be hopefully :happydance: yoga/pillates perhaps?

I find swimming helps me in this area, I alterated every 4th or so lenghth with holding a float stretched out in front and did sissor kick movements for 2 lenghts you can really feel them working (and the next day!) I found that great for my muffin top love handles pre-preg too. Hmmmmm maybe I ought to go swimming...................... x

Haha, being lazy is my problem too.
I've kind of given up with the torn muscles. I decided they've healed in their own 'wrong' way and nothing I do now will fix them so I'd better leave them lol.
Swimming is a really good idea. There's no pool near me though and the closest is over an hour away so not really do-able.
I'm just destined to have a horrible tummy :cry: lol
Maybe yoga-pilates will help. I'll look into it now.
Thanks!

do you have sky tv? there is a channel called 'body in balance' they do prgrammes from pregnancy yoga to baby yoga to pilates etc. i usually record some of those and do them.i think they are starting to help. also posture helps. for example if you're doing washing up stand tall and hold your tummy in.

It is very difficult to get rid of... 2 things I would suggest #1 get moving walking or Running is the best... google or look up this stuff called "absolution" It helps to burn off the inches really you can feel it workin after 2-3 days.. then last but not least do planks!! PLANKS!!! go to youtube and search plank excercise! Commit! NO PAIN NO GAIN!!! Nothing happens overnight :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->