Go in or not?

Gemmaleanne23

Reaction score
being pregnant with twins is definitely taking its toll on my body, so I'm not sure wether this is all just another part of the glorious twin pregnancy side effects or something that warrants a trip to the hospital.

I'm 24+4 now, have been experiencing regular braxton hicks on and off for 4 weeks now. Sometimes every 3 minutes for 1-2 hours mostly evenings but subside eventually just as I'm about to call in.
The last few days some have been somewhat painful. 2 days ago I had a really painful one whilst walking, stopped me in my tracks and had to breath through it. Yesterday I woke with period like pain in my stomach, and quite a bit of pressure, had some pains throughout he day but nothing regular until last night when they kicked up to 3-4 minutes apart for an hour or so, somewhat painful again but not like I had a few days ago, and some more period like cramping with a few of them, they seemed to ease up a bit before bed but not completely, it was getting late so I went up to bed chalking it up to another 'episode' of braxton hicks just maybe a big more painful due to the babies increasing size. They were still there thismorning just a bit more sporadic with no real pattern and further apart than last night. Iv had quite a few on and off through the day, again no pattern that iv noticed or atleast not close enough together for me to get the timer out. I still have period like pain but most of the time it's constant, isn't coming and going in waves.

I'm in two minds wether to call up the hospital, on one side my heads saying best be safe than sorry but the other side is telling me that since there's no regular as such tightening or pain right now and that even the regular tightening recently has amounted to nothing that I'll be wasting a lot of time. My daughters have school tomorrow and no one can do the school run for me, mum and dad are away on holiday and it'll take us an hour to get to the hospital also. Just looking for an outside perspective I guess x

I'd personally go in. As someone who palmed off some odd pains I always wonder what would have happened if I had got checked out earlier. (I went into labour the next day, 27+3)

Not worth thinking about, just do it :)

That's what's bothering me the most I think. They happen so often (admittedly they've been more painful these past few days) that even my partner has started dismissing them as nothing. But the what ifs are always ticking in the back of my head. Just wish I drove so that I could run myself up there. I think I'll see how it goes this evening and if things don't get any better or anything picks up again later I'll call in and see what they suggest x

Agreed... I'd go in. If it's preterm labor, they can stop it a lot easier if it's in the earlier stages and at this point, you can't risk going into full blown labor.

Always get checked out. Youre not being silly or wasting anyone's time, this is what your doctor is there for. Theyd much rather deal with something like this early than have to deal with an emergency situation because you didnt want to "waste their time". When in doubt get checked out! :hugs:

Because it's twins, I'd say go in. You're already at risk for preterm labor b/c you're having twins, so you might as well go get your cervix checked to see if it's softening or something!

Ended up waiting it out as didn't have hardly any all day and the pain subsided some after a long bath and some rest. Had a couple last night but feeling much better today. I have made arrangements for transport and childcare now should it happen again tonight or over the next few days before my parents are back from their holiday (usually my mum would sit with the kids and dad would run us up there). So if anything suspicious happens again I'll be up there for sure. Thanks for the responses, meant a lot. Just needed to hear someone say I wasn't being paranoid I think. It's so hard to judge when to go in this time around. This pregnancy has been nothing like my singletons and I get so much conflicting info.
Midwife tells me to choose a baseline for what's normal for me and go if anything exceeds that but consultant says every time more than 5 in an hour go in, hard when I get that daily. It's a nightmare x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->