going away for weekend/ breastmilk

ButterCup17

Reaction score
I'm still bf'ing my 7 month old so I have no idea how many oz he eats each time but when I pump I only get a total of like 3 oz. I'm going away this weekend and my mom is coming over to watch him but idk how much to tell her to feed him at each bottle. Is just one of the frozen bags enough each time?

No idea but I do know that bm changes over time to give the right nutrition whereas with formula you have to up the volume to change the amount of nutrition.

I'd defo say start with one bag as you don't want her having to chuck away undrunk bm. However I know some babies over eat in situations like this because they miss the comfort of Mum so have a bit of a comfort feed on the bottle.

As he's 7months old I assume he can have water/cows milk/food to compensate if there isn't enough bm in your stash.

Not really sure but my lo drank 9oz when we went out for tea on Monday... I'd definitely go with defrosting a little at a time tho cos I've taken a full bottle out before n he's only drunk 2oz and I've had to Chuck the rest (he's 12 weeks old)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->