Going back to work, advice?

Pink Petals

Reaction score
I am going back to work in two weeks and I am nervous because LO still nurses a lot. He is doing well with his solids, but still needs to nurse every 4-ish hours.

When I go back, he will be 11.5 months and DH will stay home with him until he is 12 months, at which time he will go to daycare.

How do I prepare him? I think the daycare serves full fat cows milk, not breast milk or formula, since all the babies are over 12 months.

Should I change anything now? Can DH do anything during the two week period, like give half breast milk, half cows milk, or is 11.5 months too young for that?

I still want to nurse morning, after work and at night.

Thanks!

I think you get a say on what they give your baby at day care. Why not pump milk for him so while he is there he has breastmilk available?

Im gling back to work in a month and have a stash of breastmilk in the freezer for her for when I'm at work. I'll pump at work too, to make sure she gets what she needs, and then continue to breastfeed her when I'm home. I plan on my baby going to two years drinking breastmilk :)

If he were younger, I would, but be will be 12 months, so I a, hoping cows milk will be ok at that age just during the day? :shrug:

Pumping would be hard, being a teacher.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->