Going back to work? school holidays etc?

Eternal

Three boys!
Reaction score
Well this really is me forward thinking, right now I am a SAHM, and happy with that decision, with twins on the way there really is no other way and no ideas about other future babies yet either.

But anyway, was wondering about the future.

Those who work:
How do you cope with school holidays?
or kids sickness?
what about when kids finish school?
what age can you leave a child safely alone (15?)?

A friend who doesnt work was saying, oh i want a job but it needs to be between 10 - 2 so i can pick the kids up and I have to have all the holidays off. I cant leave my kids as they are too young. they are 15, 11, and 9 and she is a single mum.

Made me thing about how difficult it must be, i think if i were in her shoes i would just get a good job and support her kids and figure out the rest later (after all they arnt babies), but then im I wrong?

Im educated, I have a degree and considering going back to uni before i go back to work, but no idea if my decision should be something for me or something that works around the kids. Ideas and opioions welcomed please xxx

When my daughter is off from school for vacation (christmas, easter) i take the same days off from work...the misc days in between she stays with my parents when im at work

I'm having the same problem. I desperately want to go back to work but just can't find anything to fit around the Pre-school hours. Even when Hannah goes to school it will still be hard to find a 10-2 job. I will have to compromise and take a lower paid job maybe just as an office administrator for a few years until she is old enough to walk home from school by herself. I have accepted that this is what I will have to do, and then as she is more independant I will look into working full time again.

i just work round my husband, if he is at work i am at home

i am very fortunate in that i can work if and when it suits me though, so we dont have any worries in the holidays. Lana has just started 2 days a week at nursery, so when dh is working late/early on those sdays i get my dad to come along for jack and leah goes to a friends

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->