Going crazy.. 7 days late, BFN

emicakess

Reaction score
My cycles are usually a little irregular but this is the longest cycle ive had by far. Its almost 8 days late now. I keep having cramps like af is trying to start. I honestly dont think I'm pregnant. But no period.. so its driving me nuts. Every day i think I'll start but nothing.
I had a gynecologist appointment today for other reasons but i mentioned this to him and he ordered me a blood test. I'll get the results tomorrow hopefully. Just needed to vent in the mean time!

My cycles are usually a little irregular but this is the longest cycle ive had by far. Its almost 8 days late now. I keep having cramps like af is trying to start. I honestly dont think I'm pregnant. But no period.. so its driving me nuts. Every day i think I'll start but nothing.
I had a gynecologist appointment today for other reasons but i mentioned this to him and he ordered me a blood test. I'll get the results tomorrow hopefully. Just needed to vent in the mean time!

I've been there, it's so frustrating! I really hope you get a surprise BFP :)

I am right there with ya, 6 days late for me. Bfn! I use to be a regular 28 day cycle, these last few months have been all over the place! I hope you get answers at your appointment! I tried to call yesterday, they were closed I am calling today!

I really hope you are pregnant but this same thing happened to me in Nov. My cycles had been 26 days for years and then in November I was 6 days late with BFN tests. Had a very light 3 day period after that and then this last cycle was only 21 days. So things can just get out of whack sometimes for no good reason. I am hoping my cycles go back to normal if I don't get a BFP this month.

Yep you ladies were right lol negative blood test.. i didnt have much hope but maybe a teeeeeny bit haha. Oh well.. my cycles are messed up! 8 days late today, cd 37. Just want to start so i can get on with TTCing!

Emicakes, sorry to hear. Waiting for af or positive, just waiting for SOMETHING. I hope your cycle gets back on track soon!

My af should officially start tomorrow, if it starts... I was on pills, but got HUGE in such a short time (5 kg in two weeks!), I had to stop so I could fit into my wedding dress.

And so I'm here again, TWW, after having a "chronic hangover" for two weeks, followed by cramps and pink dpo 9/10. In the last minute panic I got some progesterone oil and made other changes that might help it stick.

As it is, what comes to late periods, I have my own theory...
Women keep getting these: have pregnancy symptoms, might get the slightest positive, period is late, then just BFNs, finally AF comes.

The official reason is "periods tend to be of unpredictable length" as well as "women TTC just want it so bad, so they imagine things".
I call BS!
I've never had pregnancy symptoms or late periods when single, off sex, or on contraception. I've had symptoms and late periods even when I wanted to AVOID pregnancy, so it sure ain't because of wishful thinking.

I think there are two alternative reasons.

A) Fertilization happened. New research shows that the blastocyst/body start emitting hormones (estrogen, progesterone) immediately. The saying "you can't feel it until your period" is outdated. After implantation, hCG is released, and might cause a super light positive. If the blastocyst isn't valid, it wouldn't grow, resulting in decreased hormones and a slightly late period.

B) The egg is not fertilized, but it doesn't die. It swims down and releases hormones (not hCG) anyway. There are research articles on this. Eventually, your body gets the gist and starts a period.

It's very hard to know what really happens at fertilization
, as the parts involved are so small. We know that 20% of pregnancies end in the first trimester, mostly in the early weeks. According to new studies, up to 50% end before the first day of the period. Who's to say, if 80% end right after implantation?

Anyway, after extensive paper-reading on animal studies, I also tested on myself. My baseline hCG is 0.01, which I get when off BD. The official female hCG baseline is 0 - 5.
When I've had pregnancy symptoms, my hCG is 0.5 - 1. Even though it's below being pregnant, it's also above my normal status. This means, something happened.
(Yes, we have insanely cheap 24/7 blood tests here, results while waiting...)

Instead of saying "I'm just imagining things" or "my body is so out of whack", we should take ourselves seriously, rest a bit more, eat something nutritious, even take the occasional TTC pause.

... end of rant... :D
*power hugs*

I like your thinking Thia. Progressive, open minded. Well af did come after 41 days! Now I'm on CD 15 (16 technically, it's 12:07 am :p)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->