Going for promotion while on mat leave?

Becki77

Mummy of 2 little men!
Reaction score
Would you??????

Im sooooo gutted! ive been waiting for this promotion to come up for months and months and finally it does! But just when ive gone on mat leave!

I cant believe it! In my heart i dont want to go for it because i know i have far more important things to concentrate on with the soon to be new arrival plus i dont go back to work until march 2009 so the likely hood is they wouldnt give it to me anyway. However ive wanted this position for so long and am so ready for it!i just cant beieve it has come at the wrong time:hissy::hissy:

This position is hard to get where i work and they dont come up very often, its part time too so perfect for what i want when i go back to work.
I just dont know if i would be wasting my time!

What are your views? :hug:

I say go for it!

Plus the fact it is part time may not suit alot of people especially if they are in full time work and wanting a promotion surely they would want full time? Plus it shows you are committed by doing this whilst on Mat leave(well it does to me!)

Anyways I say go for it, whats the worst that can happen? You dont get it and start back in your old job in March....

Good Luck!

Emma.xx

I agree. Go fo it hun, you've nothing to lose. And even if you're not successful, then it's good experience, so you're even more prepared if the post comes up again in the near future. Good luck hun!
xxx

i'd say go for it! the same's happenedto me lol, there was a couple of jobs i was lookin at thinkin i'd like to do that, one's come up cos due to meleavin and goin part time when i go back, my supervisor's stepped down and taken my job and there's another few supervisor positions come up. well gutted lol, but they're all full time positions

I'd say go for it anyway - you've got just as much right to apply as anyone else, regardless of maternity leave.

Good luck xx

Thanks for the encouragement ladies! Ill probably be in labour on the interview day but whats the harm in trying?!
Like you've said the worst that can happen is i go back in march to my old job! xx

Good Luck with it Becki, they might be even more inclined to give it to you while you're on mat leave so they're seen not to discriminate rarther than less likely to give it to you.

Sure you'll do really well with it :hugs: xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"