going from mush to proper food

lilisuze

Reaction score
I need help!

I have no idea where to start. My baby is having 3 meals a day now, he is 10 months. Still quite small for his age (9th centile) but doing great developmentally, cruising and trying to walk!

He has mushed food, part blended, part mashed. He is not keen on lumps really expecially pasta (it gets spat back out!) He will eat finger foods (rice cakes/sandwiches/toast/fruit) really well and often wants something to hold at the same time as having his mush dinner.

At breakfast he eats weetabix/readybrek and toast.

How do i start to intorduce normal dinners to him? I have some vegetables in the fridge and some ham. Do i just chop them up small and put them in a bowl and let him pick them up? or put it on a spoon and spoon feed him?

Please help (lunch is in an hour!!)

Lili xx

I would just cut them into bite size pieces, and put them in front of him. Let him pick them up, eat what he wants and have a little fun! I would skip the bowl, though, as this might just end up on the floor. Better to put them on the high chair tray directly.

Liams was on lumpy food at 6 months, hes now on the hard stuff. Does your LO have any teeth yet? Mabey try a soft potato and pop in into his mouth to see how he goes thats how i started liam off now i can give him a peice of apple and he will bite it off chew it and eat then go over again. Think it best trying them bit by bit each daymabey try some bread with a nice spread on it first see how he goes with that x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->