Going into own room..

Pixie19

Reaction score
So we're taking the leap!

Logan has become a very light sleeper recently and the smallest noises (OH turning over in bed, snoring, coughing etc) which didnt bother him before, are making him have an unsettled night, and now that Logan is shuffling around alot, its keeping OH awake.
I would happily co-sleep forever, but OH is no longer happy with this arrangement and its not fair on anyone :cry:

We're starting with naps at first to get him used to sleeping in there, and then once he's used to it we'll put him in there at bedtime too.
He has a toddler bed in his bedroom so will nap in there, then at night will go in his cot in our room.
Will this confuse him?
Is it better to just pick a day and put him to sleep in there for naps AND bedtime or will this way work just as well?

Im so nervous that he'll fall out of bed even though hes been able to climb in and out of it for a few months now.

He's taking his nap in there right now and has been asleep 25 minutes so far...
https://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag138/Pixie5912/Bigboybed_zps528f6991.jpg

How did you make the transition and how did it go?

Hi, my little boy has been in his own room from 12 weeks in a cot and sleeping in a bed since 15 months. There is no right or wrong to what you do - he's your son and you do as you feel right. In my opinion what I would do if you want him in his own room I would do it for all sleeps, naps & nighttime, have a routine, bath, milk, book bed, make it feel a nice place to be and if needs be, sit with him to go to bed until he feels comfortable. Xx

I agree, probably best to try naps AND bedtime, just go for it! He seems happy napping there, he looks so comfy and his new bed looks fab! You can only try! Good luck x

Thankyou both. He slept for 1.5 hours for his nap and woke in the happiest mood. I heard him over the monitor do a confused noise and then was chatting to himself, i expected him to be up playing with his toys but when i went up he was just laid on the bed :haha:

https://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag138/Pixie5912/temporary_zps21a3a459.jpg

We're waiting to have our video monitor repaired so im going to do naps for now and then do nights when our monitor is sent back (we use Skype atm as a monitor but wouldn't be able to do that all night because of the laptop going onto standby)

Thankyou for your replies :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->