Going into toddler bed?

A

Always&4ever

Jasmine sleeps so much better if she is in a bed (im with her) so is it wise to move her into her toddler bed now? I can't keep getting up with her 3-4times a night when shes in her cot, its physically draining me. So any advice on how to make it as smooth as possible?

rhys went into a bed at 12months, he hated his cot

well, rhys has always been cuddled to sleep by us (huge mistake from when he was younger!) so he falls asleep downstairs, i take him up to his bed and then he will normally wake around 3am and we bring him into bed with us.

See thats like Jasmine, I have to get her to sleep put her in her cot where she will sleep till anytime between 1-3am, then will cry till I bring her into bed with me, as Rich won't allow her in bed with us, I have to sleep in the spare room, but I want to stop doing that as thats being done up atm as the nursery.

then i camt help you LOL

but will be watching this thread for advice

Hayden was that way, he coslept until 7mo, we didn't even set up his crib until then, well we tried his crib and he was terrified of it so we kept him in bed with us, at 12mo we moved him to his toddler bed right next to our bed. I really think it was the rails in the crib, he liked the open bed. Well he did great, all I did was lay in my bed and nurse him like normal then move him to his bed (he was still awake when I moved him). Sometimes hewould get out ofbed and get upset so I would just go in and put him back and let him know he was fine and we were there. He did really well with it though, he loves his bed now.

Lilly went into her bed the other week and seems to have taken well to it. she is 22 months and was moved into it as she had learned how to climb out of her cot and so for safety we switched it to bed mode.

callum went into his bed when he was 12mths and he loved it, slept really well in it for the first month or so but now not so much!!

When we put Jade into her first bed, we got her a novelty bed which she absolutely loved so we never had any problems with transfering her into it. We will be doing exactly the same with Alfie when we move as I think it makes it more exciting for them and therefore makes it something they 'want' to do (no idea if it will work this time around, but that's my thinking behind it ;))x

good luck! if you dont want to have to sleep with her in the middle of the night you may just have to make a decision and stick to it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->