Going it alone?

I don't have any experience with this, I just wanted to wish you luck hun :D xxx

Good for you! If I have no luck with finding a man before I turn 30 its an option I am going to look at myself. The only thing that makes me nervous about it is the lack of support I would have around me since I have no close family.

Hey just wanted to say Good Luck with everything :)

Hi. I am new also and im 24 ! Yay! I have an 8 month old son..... he's my world. I am married too.... buut I definately get what your saying.....I could do it alone, it would be a little harder .... goodluck

I don't have much advice, but I just wanted to say that I think it's great you are willing to do this alone. Sounds like you'll be a great mother, and that you have a ton of support behind you. I know MANY moms that are single moms, without a father in the picture and they are great parents.

Just wanted to say good luck and I admire you for what you're doing. You seem very level headed and know exactly what you want.

All the best xxx

Hi Stacey,

I always said that if I didn't have children by the time I hit 30, then I would find a way to get pregnant...alone or not.

I'm almost 27 now and luckily not alone at the moment though I am in the minority here on BnB as I my partner is female too.
While we don't have a 'starting date' in mind, I know I want to have a baby rather sooner than later so I was hoping to start early next year.
We obviously have to go the 'donor sperm' route and I have decided that we'll be going through a clinic rather than finding a donor and do home inseminations.

Thanks for the response, glad to hear there's someone else doing something similar!

Can I assume, that it will be you and not your partner intending to carry the child?

Keep in touch and let me know how you get on, I did find a couple of websites that were aimed at Lesbian and Single parents that were of some use to me, have you come across anything similar?

Oh yes, it will defintely be me who's going to be pregnant as my girlfriend has medical reasons not to get pregnant.(she could, but better if she didn't)

Not really looked for any Forums as we're not really ready to start planning yet but I know some of the fertility charting sites have Forums with sections for gay parents.

Hello :) I'm sorry to intrude on this thread but I just wanted to say - it is totally NOT abnormal for you to be getting pregnant by yourself. And RainbowMum.. I don't feel quite so alone now :lol:

When my OH and I decided to TTC it was a total PITA if I'm honest, everyone asked the inevitable 'how did you do that' etc etc.. Its none of their business IMO, if you want a child and are stable, go for it. Having a father figure doesn't really come into the equation .. Think about yourself before you think about the small minded opinions of others.

I've found a few communities with a gay parenting section but for some reason not many lesbians like to talk about what they go through when TTC.. tbh I can relate to that because it can be very degrading. If OH and I ever have another - which is doubtful - I will just post here on this forum but like I've said before it is SO different for a lesbian couple compared to a het one - or, obviously, a single woman. Its all about choice for us - half of het pregnancies are accidental anyway..

no advice from me, i just wanted to say hello and welcome :hi: lots of luck on your journey :) and we're all here to offer support :D xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->