Going on holiday abroad in early pregnancy-anyone done this?

Yo_Yo

Reaction score
I'm going to Rhodes in just over a week and I will be 6/7 weeks pregnant.
I've flown in pregnancy with dd2, but was 18 weeks and wasn't in the sickness/tired stage!

Anyone been abroad in the early stages? Any tips or advice? Feeling a bit stressed over it!

I did a long haul flight to Singapore when I was 6 weeks pregnant! I didn't feel so bad on the way out but worse on the way back when I was 8.5 weeks. I would take plenty of drinks and snacks- biscuits, crackers etc. Make sure you wear layers- I got hot one minute and cold the next! And make sure you take plenty of sun cream and a hat- you're more likely to catch the sun when you're pregnant.

Have a great time!

I went to to Rhodes when I was 5 weeks pregnant. Flying out was fine but after a few days into the holiday, the sickness kicked in. Luckily it wasn't too bad but I still had to be concious of toilets and vicinity of them. It mainly hit me early morning & late night so tended to take mornings quite lazily (rather than 'up & out' I normally do) and evenings, I just went to bed early.

Flying home was the worst as it was a daft o'clock flight and it was running late. I wasn't in the best of moods! I was sat near the loos on the plane which was a good thing really. There was nothing that would have helped, it was 3am, I was tired, grumpy & pukey.

I went on holiday when I was around 4 and a half weeks pregnant and got my BFP literally a day or 2 before we went. I passed out on the plane out there, but I suffer seriously low blood pressure and this happens when I'm not pregnant. I was OK for the first week when I was there. The last half of the second week and the journey back I was really sick. I made sure I had plenty of water and kept out of the sun, as it made me feel more sick when I wasn't in the shade. I stuck to bread and plain foods too when I wasn't feeling brilliant and kept close to the bathrooms just in case.

We went with family and only my OH knew we were pregnant and none of the family even suspected anything so I couldn't have been that bad!

Don't worry too much and enjoy your holiday! :)

I went to Disney World in Florida between 7 and 81/2 weeks. The flight out and jet lag out were fine. Smells did make me feel sick and I drank far too much soda to combat my morning sickness (it was free refills everywhere). The weather was odd (literally we had day of 0 degrees and then two days later it was 28) the cold was fine the hot days made me feel a little sick. I pretty much slept though when DD did so as soon as she fell asleep so did I!

The worse bit by far though was the journey back (overnight flight) and how long it took to recover from the jetlag - I felt fine on the holiday but rough for 3 weeks after.

I went on holiday when I was about 9/10 weeks pregnant, I wasn't sure about going, I was 17 at the time and was going with friends. I was worried I'd feel sick the whole time etc but it was actually ok... I used to feel more sick when I was tired or hungry so I made sure I took lots of snacks and got lots of rest. I can also remember constantly drinking ice cold lemonade there because it made me feel better and it tasted really good for some reason :lol: Probably just a pregnancy craving at the time.
I was also worried I'd feel sick on the plane journey but again with snacks and sipping at water I was fine! It wasn't a long flight though.

I went to Disneyland Paris a few days after I found out I was pregnant. I was absolutely fine apart from feeling sick (not sure if it was pregnancy, heat or both!) and generally a little more tired but had a really good time otherwise :)

And congratulations lovely :flower:

Crw x-and a big congrats too on your new baby girl :) love the newborn stage. So cute!

We went to Florida when wifey was 12 weeks pregnant, she didn't have any problems but had to wear flight socks.

Thanks. Yes bought some granny style flight socks lol! :haha:

Yeah, we went to Thailand when I was about 8/9 weeks. It was OK, I just had to make sure I was drinking enough fluids. Luckily I wasn't sick with that pregnancy and it was before any of the health issues kicked in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->