Going out with the pram in snow

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by weebubbles, Dec 20, 2009.

1. weebubbles

weebubbles Mummy

Hi, does anyone take their baby out in the pram in the snow? It is snowing here but I need out the house. I am going mental being stuck in doors

2. aimee-lou

aimee-lou Totally Outnumbered!!

Yep - We just took ours out in 4-5 inches on the ground. It stood up to it well and wasn't too bad to push. Hard work though I warn you....hubby was sweating lol

3. Mary Jo

Mary Jo Mummy to Adam and Joel

I'm hoping not to have to, and there isn't much snow in London so fingers crossed it'll stay that way because I also hate being stuck indoors. tbh, it's ice that scares me more than snow.

4. Kitten

Kitten Mummy to Theakston & Nyah

I wore Theakston yesterday and just was very careful and made sure OH was close enough to grab as it was very icy. Not sure the pram would work!

5. Mum2b_Claire

Mum2b_Claire Mummy to Ruby & Scarlett!

We have loads of snow, we didn't think the pram would be any good so OH wore Ruby.

6. history_girls

history_girls Mummy to 2 Girlies

We went out but I live at the top of a very big hill. Walking to the shop the pram was brilliant - stopped OH falling over loads! however coming up around the very steep corner we decided to walk on the road rather than the pavement as it was less icy. Within ten seconds both of us were on our knees to stop pram sliding!! hasn't put us off though

7. Marleysgirl

Marleysgirl Mum to a SCBU Warrior!

We took our buggy out this morning to the market (yes, with Andrew too, we weren't just using it to carry stuff). Snow was about 1 inch going, 2 inches coming back and we looked like snowmen!

8. sublime_ivy

sublime_ivy Well-Known Member

we do but i have a big three wheeler which is pretty good for this weather. i had no problems.

9. ChloesMummy

ChloesMummy Well-Known Member

We had Charlotte out in it today and had no probs, but it's a 3 wheeler and built for that kind of thing x

10. GersPrincess

GersPrincess Mummy of 3, soon to be 4!

I've been out in it lots and actually find it easier to walk in the snow/ice holding onto the pram than without it! its quite nice having something to grip hold of to keep my balance.

11. Eala

Eala Mum of two gorgeous girls

We were out last night and today, and had no problems at all. Again though, got a 3-wheeler which handled the conditions very well.

12. Arcanegirl

Arcanegirl Bazinga!!

We only have ice so far and my 4 wheeler went okay.

13. soup

soup Well-Known Member

we went out too and it was fine, although like some others we have a 3 wheeler with great big chunky wheels, so should be pretty good in this weather. locking the wheel definatly helped.