Going Outside in Winter? Argument with OH ;)

We're currently in a deep freeze, we've been getting somewhere around -25 to -30 windchills(mostly in the evening though) here the last 3 weeks or so. The house is even cold with the heat up on bust because of the way the wind is hitting it. I'm not stepping foot outside this house until I need to! I have an exam in an hour and a half and I'm dreading cleaning off the car :rofl: No wayyy am I bringing Renah outside. You girls who don't mind cold - we can switch locations if you want! I'd love to be able to take her for a walk :( I'm sick of being stuck in too.

Gotta love Canadian winters, eh? I never minded winter before, OH snowboards and I ski, so we had stuff to do to pass the time in the winter. I have't been out yet, nor has OH. It certainly makes for a longer winter with nothing to do!

You are out on the East Coast, right? I'm lucky in the sense that Ontario doesn't normally get hit as hard as out there. I totally understand where you are coming from though. I don't think most people can truly understand winters here until they experience them. Not fun!

Wrap baby up well - use the rain cover to stop any wind going in her face if its bad etc.

3 weeks old we took Caitlin to see family in Chester from Wrexham (bus and train) she was born 2nd December!

Her first day out she was 6 days old :D

BUT I dunno what weather conditions are like where you are from x

bundle her up in a warm outfit, hat and blanket (light or heavy depending on how cold it is), and use a bundle me! It's so warm, like a baby body sized uggh boot. My 'lil girl can wear a long sleeve onesie and cotton pants and still sweat in that thing and I live in new york (an hour and a half north of the city) so it's in the single digits sometimes. I love it cause she would just kick off blankets but this goes in the car seat, and zips up; you can also detach the top. Just make sure you check to make sure she doesn't get too hot when your first using it.

https://www.amazon.com/JJ-Cole-Orig...ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1234058519&sr=8-6 (comes in several colors)

We're currently in a deep freeze, we've been getting somewhere around -25 to -30 windchills(mostly in the evening though) here the last 3 weeks or so. The house is even cold with the heat up on bust because of the way the wind is hitting it. I'm not stepping foot outside this house until I need to! I have an exam in an hour and a half and I'm dreading cleaning off the car :rofl: No wayyy am I bringing Renah outside. You girls who don't mind cold - we can switch locations if you want! I'd love to be able to take her for a walk :( I'm sick of being stuck in too.

Gotta love Canadian winters, eh? I never minded winter before, OH snowboards and I ski, so we had stuff to do to pass the time in the winter. I have't been out yet, nor has OH. It certainly makes for a longer winter with nothing to do!

You are out on the East Coast, right? I'm lucky in the sense that Ontario doesn't normally get hit as hard as out there. I totally understand where you are coming from though. I don't think most people can truly understand winters here until they experience them. Not fun!

Yeah I'm on the West Coast of Newfoundland so we get pounded really bad here. Everything that comes up from the states AND everything that comes over from you guys hits us haha

Yeah I'm on the West Coast of Newfoundland so we get pounded really bad here. Everything that comes up from the states AND everything that comes over from you guys hits us haha

:rofl: Its not us, I swear! It's those darn 'Alberta Clippers' that we keep getting. Darned if I know exactly what an 'Alberta Clipper' is though...

I live in Winnipeg and it gets so cold here and I've noticed that with my nieces...usually they're the ones that are totally fine and don't even notice the cold. Its the rest of us adults that are freaking out! As long as you dress them warmly and cover up her face with one of those bundling things (?) or some warm blankets, she'll be fine. Probably won't even feel the change in temp!

that does sound a bit cold to me. I guess the answer depends on if you have the right clotehs etc. I'm sure you're all rpepared over there.

Here I stopped walking LO when it sat at -2 for a few days, I was too cold myself!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->