Going to doctors cycle 28

lupinerainbow

Pregnant #1 after 9+ years LTTTC
Reaction score
Just wondering, i am going to doctors next cycle and me and my partner are a bit overweight- i'm about 1 stone overweight. Do you think they will make us lose weight before helping us? We have been trying for 27 cycles now and not a glimpse of a bfp any time. I have regular AF and we have tried absolutely everything we can think of e.g. soyiso, preseed, conceptionplus, mooncup, legs in air, smep, dtd every other day/ every day along with bbt, opks, cm, cp obs so we have accepted after all this trying that it doesn't matter how much hope and faith we have we need help and putting it off is not going to help. I have heard they try to use any excuse for not testing so am wondering the reasons they wouldn't help for. Any answers will be greatly appreciated!

xxxxxxx

They will still start tests even if you need to lose weight. Its a bit of a postcode lottery but when I went to see FS last time they said my bmi would have to be 34 for fertility drugs and I've read a bmi of 30 or under is generally required for ivf on the nhs.

Good luck with your appointment. x

Thank you! My bmi is 27 i think so i should be okay, gonna try losing weight anyway just to increase chances of it happening naturally :thumbup:

xxxxxx

hello! I have started having tests and my weight hasn't been mentioned-yet! Im thinking further down the line it might be but I have a bmi over 30, so you might be alright!x

I had tests when I was at my biggest - probably bmi over 40. Once it got to treatment they complained about my weight, but at bmi 27 they wont bother you

Thanks for replies ladies! :hugs:
actually quite scared to start with testing as it feels like the start of an even longer journey, what sort of things do they ask? And do i mention that i tried soyiso and it messed up my cycles more?

Xxxxxx

They usually start with blood tests at day 5 and 21. I wouldnt bother mentioning soy as theyll probably think its bunk anyway. They might do an US and check your tubes as youve been trying over 2 yrs. They'll probably do a sperm analysis last.

It rly depends on what they find, I think most ppl are given clomid even if they ovulate as it can help with a number of things. That can be through your GP if they are able to prescribe it with the agreement of the fertility clinic, or you might be referred to the clinic directly.

GL

Thanks cranberry, least i know what to expect now. Nothing to be worried about :thumbup: kind of regret waiting this long but happy i did because they will probably take it more seriously now which is good.

xxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->