Going to mention TTc to my mum

Bentley2008

Reaction score
Im off for a walk tonight with my mum and the dog, do you think i should casually mention that we will be going to ttc soon.

along the lines of - ye me and OH want a baby soon ......

Good idea or not?

Im a total mummy's girl and only child, OH has mentioned it before and she seemed happy, but sort of want my own confimation off her first.

Yeah, I would, but don't say it like you are asking her approval, just tell her so that she's aware! I will be telling my mum the second OH decides we can TTC as hopefully she can give me a few tips!! She was trying for 10 years for me and had 3 miscarriages all together so am sure she would be helpful :)

xxx

How do you think i should say it ?

God im scared, been having butterflies, im 23 for gods sake, we been together 6 years and own our own home so we not living wih her etc etc etc LOL!

I can imagine her saying " oh god your mad (as in stupid)"

The thing will be no matter how old you are your parents can still see you as their baby!

Telling your mum first is a good idea though. It'll give her the chance to come round to the idea and get excited for you and if she can see it's been thought out and planned then that can only be good. Surely she'll be pleased you can 'confide' in her as well. Good luck!

How did it go??
Let us know :)
I had to tell my mum, she's a midwife and I knew she'd find out sooner or later! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->