going to see a nursery in the morning - what should i ask

suzib76

Reaction score
the nursery is actually the one Jack went to 4 years ago and many of the staff are still the same, however jack went in as a 4yo so things are a bit different

Lana is only 17mo on weds and the nursery have a newly opened baby bit as they never used to take under 2's

anyway im playing with the idea of giving her a couple of days at nursery but what should i be looking for and asking them when i go in?

1. What are the arrangements for naps
  2. What are meal times, and what sort of things do they offer - what if a child doesn't eat their lunch... are they left to wait until dinner?
  3. What is included in the nursery fee - are nappies/wipes included?
  4. What sort of arrangements do they have to keep the parents involve - our nursery do a monthly newsletter (which isn't always monthly!) and also have an annual parents evening where you get to see your child's development book
  5. What are the arrangements re bank holidays? Some nurseries open, some don't
  6. What are the Christmas closure dates
  7. What are the rules on children attending with illnesses (e.g. conjunctivitis - our nursery allow them to return once treatment has started as it's considered no longer contagious)

All I could think of at the moment... might think of some more later

Do they charge for closures eg my nursery charge us even though they dont open on a bank holiday!!
Will they fit to your Los routine
Do they take the children outside?
What do you need to provide
Do they have secruity measures in place for pick up/drop off time.

what they said ^^ AND how often do they change nappies? do they wait till LO has a full nappy/poo or do they do regular timeatbled changes as well as poo changes? (i personally am happier with regular changes on top of poo changes)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->