Going to the gym!!

leedsforever

Kerry!
Reaction score
OK this thread may seem abit pointless but I wanted to have some other people who agreed with me!!!

Currently I pay nearly £42 a month as a member of Virgin Active Gym!!! recently I havent been going no way near enough to justify this expense!! Partly because being pregnant I am very limited to what I can actually do!!
Im going to go today... (a chore) but purely because I havent been since last friday!!! I know excercise is good for you but I have my wii fit and Im a waitress so Im always walking around!!

To freeze I think it costs £7 per month but I dont want to cancel as once I rejoin I will be paying a higher monthly membership as I am what they call a diamond member (I get this price for life. Think if I joined now I would be paying £44 a month, so its well worth me not cancelling to save the extra couple of quid month)

However heres my rant....
I think its unfair...
A) that I get charged as much as anyone else beings the facilities are not great for pregnant women (eg no pregnancy yoga or anything) Pregnant woman are not meant to use the step in step aerobics due to accidents as is the same with running etc!! Spinning classes are a no go as they raise your blood pressure so high!! No abs classes for pregnant women either for obvious reasons!! So really all Im left to is gym floor and swimming!! Your not even meant to use the jacuzzi (although I do) and definetly no no to sauna etc!!
then
B) that I get charged to freeze my membership whilst Im due to have a baby.... its not very people friendly is it!!!
Im going to speak to them today and tell them my concerns!!! Not expecting a free months membership or anything but I think these places should have a little more consideration!!!

Thanks for reading!!! :rofl:anyone else feel the same?? or do any of you disagree?!? xx

I agree, They should let you freeze it without charging you due to u being preg.
I pay £77 a month membership for me and Oh joint membership. I just use the weight round and cycling and the pool. But my OH goes everynight so i cant cancel mine without canceling his. And his alone would be £55 so thought i might as well keep it for now as i still using some of it. And i go swimming 3 times a week. Which would cost me £9.40 a week alone. xxx

I agree hun I think you should tell them it is most unfair that you have to pay £7 a month whilst you are pregnant because why should you pay this anyway?? You should just be able to freeze your membership until baby is born and then restart again. I am sure if you speak to the management they must be able to come to some arrangement.

Let us know how u get on sweets xx

I spoke to someone today and its £5 to freeze... so have done that and Ive got it in quick enough to take affect from 1st June :)

But yeah its unfair still... Ill write a letter Im better at putting my point across with words... and Ill let you know the outcome!!

Ema... thats really good you go swimming three times a week!!! I really no longer have the motivation!! I dont really enjoy swimming either!! But whats going to happen over the period when your baby is due?? Whats your gyms policy?!? xx

Ema... thats really good you go swimming three times a week!!! I really no longer have the motivation!! I dont really enjoy swimming either!! But whats going to happen over the period when your baby is due?? Whats your gyms policy?!? xx

Well OH goes everynight so its either stay in and watch TV or go with him and its only for 45 mins or so. But dont know how long ill keep it up. And honestly i dont have a clue what my gym policy is i will ask OH to find out tomorrow night when he's up as it hadn't crossed my mind until now...:blush: I just dont think of these things lol xxx

lol.... but at least your getting your moneys worth.... as really its only an extra 20 odd quid a month and your using it!!! :) Its good!!!

But still swimming at 40 weeks pregnant.... lol.... waters break?!? umm!! lol!!
Yeh you should check out their policy!! As you prob wont go back for at least 6 weeks after baby is born!! :)

wow you are lucky to pay only £42, i pay £67 a month for my membership to virgin active. Its strange the price differs so much, and it would cost me £15 a month to freeze.
I go to they gym 6 days a week, so i am still getting my moneys worth. However i totally agree that it is unfair we pay the same amount and there are no pregnancy classes available.
I have worked for gyms such as this though and I know that they don't really care aslong as they are getting our money xx

My gosh thats loads to freeze.... and loads to pay a month!!! 6 days a week? your a trooper?! :)

I cancelled my Virgina ctive yesterday as well as all i do is swim now and not enought to justify. It was £7 for me to freeze so I cancelled mine as when I come to rejoin in Dec/Jan they will no doubt be doing that no joining fee thing again and I get student membership anyway because of my Course (even though I work full time...quality!)

The guy was a bit arsey though. I kept explaining I just dont have the motivation and im due to start ante natal yoga and aerobic classes somewhere else as they dont do anything like that!

Yeh i would have definetly cancelled if it wasnt for my diamond membership price.... currently Im paying £3 less a month compared to new starters... so freezing was best option for me!!! Its UNFAIR!!! lol

wow you are lucky to pay only £42, i pay £67 a month for my membership to virgin active. Its strange the price differs so much, and it would cost me £15 a month to freeze.
I go to they gym 6 days a week, so i am still getting my moneys worth. However i totally agree that it is unfair we pay the same amount and there are no pregnancy classes available.
I have worked for gyms such as this though and I know that they don't really care aslong as they are getting our money xx

Blimey 6 days a week! You ought to be on the Pruhealth healthcare plan, I pay £ 8 per month for gym membership all year round! :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->