Going to the toilet (number 2) after stitches

purpleshark

Reaction score
When does it get easier and less scary? Can't remember from my last one. Only have a 2nd degree tear this time (had 3rd last time) but still worried about pushing when I need to go.

First time for me was the worst (I had a 2nd degree tear too). I held a maternity pad over my stitches, it helped! Once the first time was over it got easier :)

Take a stool softener... I also waited untill I had no choice about the situation and I just couldnt hold it anymore. Defo hold a pad over stitches, It takes away alot of the pain, I am 4.5 weeks pp and still use a pad as I am still very tender.

I took a stool softener and warm prune juice, it really made it softer and easier Sorry if TMI :)

I was terrified of going to the bathroom after birth because I read horror stories. Thankfully, going #1 was okay from day 1...just hurt when I "wiped," didn't sting/burn like I thought it would. I finally went #2 on day 3 and was not looking forward to it, :blush: but it really wasn't too bad. Definitely got better after the first week, although that area in general hurt for 6-7 weeks pp. I had 2nd degree tears.

Take a daily stool softener! You won't need to push or strain. I was dreading it but it was quick and painless in the end.

as others have suggested take a stool softner. I had an episiotomy (quite a large one) and a tear too and 4 days after birth i managed a number 2 no problem (i was so anxious but it was okay - just hold a pad over your stitches and don't strain, which you won't need to do if you have a stool softner).

I've managed to go but getting constipated so off out for some kind of laxative tomorrow I think. Thank you for all the advice :) don't remember this from when I had my DD and that was a 3rd degree tear but don't think I was constipated then either.

Glad you managed to 'go', constipation does not help, but hopefully some lactoluse (or something similar) will help. when i had LO they gave me iron tablets too and that really did not help causes with the number 2 department..... all that said the lactoluse really helped..... i found i stayed on it for a few weeks as i was a bit nervous without it whilst everything was healing downstairs :flower:,

I've managed to go but getting constipated so off out for some kind of laxative tomorrow I think. Thank you for all the advice :) don't remember this from when I had my DD and that was a 3rd degree tear but don't think I was constipated then either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->