Good and Bad news!!! SEMEN analysis

Quest55

Reaction score
My husband is super healthy, rarely ever gets sick even when my son and I do. He is in good shape physically and has never really had any health problems.We never really thought he would have a problem with his sperm. After trying for so long we FINALLY decided to get him checked out. He provided a semen analysis to the lab and it took forever for them to tell us the results. Sometimes I feel like they do that on purpose! argh!

So he eventually gets a nurse on the phone to tell him the results are "normal" but I insist he pick up a copy of the lab results from the office and he does. Well I read through the report and notice it says he has "HIGH viscosity" and it took 90 MINUTES to liquify. NOT GOOD! But right next to it, it says "Normal". I don't see how the dr says he is normal when clearly he is not. His sperm count was high and his motility was 80% Sperm count was 140 million but may be inaccurate because of the high viscosity.

So I am hoping this is a big contributed to our infertility issues. He is going to take muscinex and he has started on mens prostate vitamins as well as drinking more water/avoiding caffeine. I will also use preseed to help the environment for the little guys, I am praying praying this will work!!!

Anyone else get results like these and have success with muscinex helping with the viscosity?

Didn't want to read and run... I don't have much advice other than- good choice on the pressed, I've heard that stuff is wonderful for low mobility! Also, I've never heard of a man taking musinex, that's a great idea. GL!

hey DH just got very similar reults they told us every thing was normal except high viscosity
ive read mucinex, stay hydrated , take multivitamin with zinc, avoid caffiene and alcohol

also read that high viscosity can be related to infection in prostate so that may be worth looking into

GL

Quest55...did you have any luck after all? Sorting out the high viscosity issue? My DH has the same. Been TTC for 3 years

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->