Good arguments arguments for having another baby

gingerbaby4us

new momma
Reaction score
Greetings ladies, I am currently having a bit of "baby fever." We have two girls, the youngest is 7 months. My husband has been talking vasectomy since before we left the hospital this time! I said no way, no vasectomy yet and got an iud. I have always wanted a big family and I think 3 kids is a good compromise. He feels like two is enough. I am trying to convince him a third child would further enrich our lives and our children's. Does anyone have any good arguments for having more kids?

just tell him how you feel! your opinion and desires should be enough to change his mind :)

As one of three that are very close in age, I can tell you from a child's standpoint that your kids will always have a friend (if I was mad at one brother, I always had the other to play with). They'll have twice the back-up when kids are bullies, or when life gets hard. I know our family wouldn't be complete with just two of us- it's always been "us three" as we've always referred to ourselves, or all three of our names slurred together as one.

I can't tell you the pros from our parents' POV, especially since they were teen parents, my dad had a drinking problem, and they had some serious financial problems (read: teen parents with three kids under three). My H and I are only planning on two- he also comes from a family with three kids. But I used to always say I wanted three, because that's what feels complete to me.

Sorry if this doesn't help, but maybe seeing someone's experiences as one of three will help :)

I can tell you that Every Single older couple I have met that have grown children tell me that they wish they had more. Especially the ones with 2! We have 7 and we always say that you will never regret the children you have, but you will regret the one you wanted but didn't have. Hope that helps :flower:

It might just seem a little daunting to him at the moment as your youngest is still little. Me and dh would both like another but he would rather wait a bit longer than me. I don't think there is much you can say, other than maybe pointing out the positives of families you know with three children.

I love that....you will never regret the children that you have but you will always regret the ones you don't have. I'll use that line for sure!

I also think that line is fab! I'll remember that as I'm already pretty sure I'll want more kids than my OH will ;) I think you should give it time before trying to make a decision. When LO was 7 months there was no way I'd have been open to the idea of having another, he might feel differently when she's a bit bigger. The main thing is to remember to listen. You may have a slightly different idea right now but neither one of you is wrong. You'll both have legitimate reasons for your decisions and you should be able to talk it through :flower:

I would ask him if he's sure that he doesn't want anymore children if you haven't already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->