Good highchairs for BLW?

special_kala

love my bugs
Reaction score
Im trying to find a high chair that i can eventually use when im weaning LO.
were going to be doing BLW so am looking for one that works well with this

any recommendations would be awesome :thumbup:

Are you wanting one with the tray close to the baby as possible?

We got the cheapy one from Kiddicare - the Babylo 'pasta'. Its actually rather good as the tray has different distances and it goes nice and close up to them. It also changes into a lo chair.

Downside is that it doesn't fold away. Upside is that its super easy to remove and wash the pad, and as it isn't folding there aren't really any nooks and crannies that stuff really gets stuck in.

It depends on whether you want LO in a standalone chair with its own tray etc or if you want them sitting at the table with you. We want Aisling at the table with us so have the babydan one. I know there's some similar ones with removable trays so you have the option of both.

It doesn't fold away but looks great anyway so I don't mind! You can get cushions to fit it too.

https://www.kiddieskitchen.co.uk/store/shopexd.asp?id=360&bc=no

I have these:

https://www.diapers.com/Product/ProductDetail.aspx?productId=15235

and

https://www.diapers.com/Product/ProductDetail.aspx?productId=15543

They both work really well for us. The high chair scoots right up to our table with the tray over the table so it is like he is eating with us there. The caddy is great for travel -- I use it at resturants and when I go to family dinners at other people's houses.

We have the Chicco happy snacker and it works wonderful for us. Seat reclines, tray removes but the seat height/tray height doesn't adjust so we had to pad it under her bum so she was the right height for the tray.. But she loves it and does so well in it - easy to clean as well.

It's a standalone highchair but can easily be pulled up to a table if that's what you want.

Also comes apart / folds up nicely if you need to transport it anywhere. We take it in the car boot quite often when visiting LOs grandparents as neither have their own highchairs for her and that one's easy enough to take with us :thumbup:

We have the Stokke Tripp Trapp which is fabulous! It doesn't fold away but like Lu says about the BabyDan, it looks lovely and blends in to a room so it doesn't matter! Plus it takes up so much less room than the big plastic type.

I'd would HIGHLY recommend getting one that pulls up to the table OR one that the seat/tray height adjusts.

We have the Stokke Tripp Trapp too, we love having Freya at the table with us, and it's a chair that adjusts with her as she grows, so she can use it as a bigger child too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->