Good hypnobirthing books?

Darlin65

Married with a Munchkin
Reaction score
I am looking for a good book to read up and educate myself. Any suggestions? Something pretty basic. Nothing too "far out there" I guess. I'm not a huge holistic type person but I do like the idea of avoiding medications during my vbac because of the damage my spinal caused me at my last cs. I find myself fascinated with natural paths but they're not always the best decision for our family. For example, cloth diapering and placenta encapsultaion sound lovely but just would not work well with us time and money wise.

Hiya, yes I was the same. I used a program called natal hypnotherapy and bought the book and 2 cds off amazon. There is a prep cd you listen to from 30 weeks on or before if you like and then music for labour. Its not too far out there I really recommend giving the book a good read and your time and attention it makes a lot of sense... eg how to avoid adrenalin which can interfere with labour etc

Good luck!

Well now I am not sure what I want to do... Had a mw appt today and she said she actually recommends the epi for my case so that if something goes wrong with my vbac I don't need general anesthesia for an emergency cs. Then I can be awake during it. Plus she said it is safer for baby.

You can still do hypnobirthing even with an epi - the idea is to keep you calm and let you body do its thing which it still needs to do even if the pain is numbed. I've attended hypnobirth antenatal classes and we use The Hypnobirth Book by Katharine Graves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->