"Good Luck With That"

Pops

Proud Mum & Wifey
Reaction score
What is it with people and their opinions!? And not just "people" in general this time, a Midwife!!

Just had our fantastic MW round for our weekly home visit and we are so lucky, she is wonderful. The past 2 times she has brought another with her who has just qualified and is out and about hoping to attend some Home Births which is fine, we don't have a problem with it.

Our fluff is on the clothes horse outside the patio doors and the first thing she said was "Oh good luck with that one.." so I asked what one and she said "those nappies, you'll end up with Pampers" :wacko:

Our MW looked horrified and quickly moved the conversation on but this girl kept going back - what was the point as "the liners were disposable" (I explained about our Spuggies) to which I got "eugh reusable wipes....." and then she saw our Spuggies Solution and asked what exactly was in it and why were we using essential oil on our newborn :dohh: Again, lovely MW was less than impressed and you could see her almost cringe.

I just don't get why she would think that was an acceptable thing to say.....especially in her professional capacity....:wacko:

xxx

Pah! :ignore: doesnt bode well for her career does it! you might want to say as much to your regular mw!
i got that phrase loads ... i just ignored it as i knew they were wrong :)

she sounds lovely :growlmad:

she should not be saying that and i bet she got a right telling off from the other midwife when they left yours :thumbup:

:hugs: hope she didnt get to you too much babes xxxx

I am going to say to MW when we see her on her own next week.....I thought it wholly inappropriate personally.

I couldn't really care less if she, or anyone else, doesn't like cloth and swears by Pampers, it is totally up to you, each to their own is my motto but don't come into our house and say things like that....I ended up ignoring her and only speaking to nice MW....I can be a stroppy mare when I want :haha:

xxx

Ah don't listen to her sweetie. She obviously hasn't looked into them herself. Does she not know you wash the nappies/wipes? Lol hardly gross if they're clean :wacko: She's probably just jealous of your super cute stash x

ARGH!!! Ignorance hun....total ignorance.

Yes...you're such a bad mother for not wanting to put synthetic polymers (that have been removed from other products such as tampons for causing toxic shock syndrome) against your babys skin...

I would have said that to her face and said..."professional midwife?....hmmf, good luck with that..."

and fyi- my mum is a midwife and they are not meant to favour any 'brand' of baby product....its like formula, if you ask them which is 'best' they arent allowed to state their personal preference.

If she knew all the chemicals that went into Johnsons 'newborn' products would she spout off about those to a mum to be. a. it's not for her to rubbish ANY of your choices and b. shut your trap about things you havent even looked into! :lol:

BTW: We recommend plain water with Spuggies for the first few weeks (as you know) and a milder solution to start with anyway!!
There will be less chemicals going into Missy's skin than if she were sat in newborn disposables that can contain Tributyl tin, (TBT) which is a chemical compound which is known to disrupt sex hormones.....
soapbox.gif

I'll shut up now....:lol:

BTW: We recommend plain water with Spuggies for the first few weeks (as you know) and a milder solution to start with anyway!!
There will be less chemicals going into Missy's skin than if she were sat in newborn disposables that can contain Tributyl tin, (TBT) which is a chemical compound which is known to disrupt sex hormones.....
View attachment 102943

I'll shut up now....:lol:

I told her all that, I got all defensive about you and your Spuggies and I think I shocked her!!! Dozy mare!!! :grr:

Her face was a picture when I mentioned the things that were in "baby friendly" Johnsons products :wacko:

xxx

i think i would have told her straight that that's her opinion but she is there as a midwife, her comments are innapropriate (sp?) and you don't need to know. I'd probably give a lecture on the crap in disposables and how much satisfaction cloth gives me too! Makes me wonder if she'd have the same attitude to breastfeeding?!

I had a health visitor come here once who suggested bed sharing and non vaccinating was putting my child in danger. I gave her an earful about the benefits of cosleeping, of how her and the breastfeeding councillors give opposing advice and how she should be telling new mamas how to do it safely to help avoid the tragedies that happen on sofas, etc. She didn't dare mention it next time she came!

i bumped into my midwife about a month ago and my OH was showing off his bum for her to admire :D

OT but :rofl: at the soapbox smilie merv's mum !!!

Hope she doesnt come to your home birth though, if shes going to be judgemental and go on about nappies how will she be about you rbirth choices!!! Or if she does, then you/OH should probably warn her beforehand to keep her trap shut :)

OT but :rofl: at the soapbox smilie merv's mum !!!

Hope she doesnt come to your home birth though, if shes going to be judgemental and go on about nappies how will she be about you rbirth choices!!! Or if she does, then you/OH should probably warn her beforehand to keep her trap shut :)

Unless Missy comes tonight then she won't be here but I have already text Boyo to say if she is, he best take Jane aside and tell her that I don't want any of her opinions :winkwink: She knows though, she was mortified poor woman :nope:

xxx

Not that she should be giving her opinion on these things... But seriously the times that I've used sposies I've ended up washing sooooo much from leakage from clothes to bed linen, bouncer seat and car covers and everything in between... Not to mention the moments, (numerous) that relatives have been bouncing him, he's pooed and it's gone all over their clothes!! This is because the LO has skinny legs. So for
me, all other reasons aside, it's far easier to use cloth and just wash them every other day. Pampers? Pah, they were the worst!!!

Ignorant cow...

I got that comment so often. In fairness, my laundry basket is always piled high so I can see why they said it! But La always has clean nappies...

Stupid cow ... I think I'd have lamped her one! :grr:

I would phone the MW now and tell her you don't want anything to do with the other MW and would not like her present at the birth as you want a calm relaxing birth and don't want her putting negative energy into the room! :hugs: xx

:shock:

You can just imagine her talking to a breastfeeding mum; "Pah, good luck with that. You'll be on the Cow & Gate by the end of the week."

She needs a good talking to!

"good luck with that, let me know how it goes! i have a few friends that used cloth and it was NOT a good idea!" that was the response to hunters very first cloth pic on FB from my sister! First off, maybe they didnt get on with it but "it was NOT a good idea" ??? its a fab idea! grrr

How dare she say Urgh......so if your toddler wet themself or pooed themselves, would you throw away their clothes or would you wash them? same bloody thing.

you can actually smell the chemicals in disposables....Remi is still in them at night as we have not found a night nappy that contains her wee yet and they stink in the morning and i have taken to putting spuggies liners in them to protect her bum!

each to their own but keep your sodding mouth shut in my house!! lol

I'd have gone nuts. I have found that for a sector who is not meant to express their opinions they are most horribly opinionated lot out there!.

I told my HV that Jasper was sleeping on his tummy as that was how he was most comfortable with his reflux but it was ok as he was in our room in his crib/my bed and she went nuts and told me that she could refer me to social services as it was going against all medical advice and was seen as putting my child at unnecessary risk! I have never been so horrified in all my life, I called the MW straight away who thankfully was great and told me there was no risk of this happening.

Also sorry to sound stupid but I am about to switch to reusable wipes, can you put them in the same wet bag as the nappies. Jaspers nappies are so explosive that I rinse them straight away with a cold shower before I would put them in with wet nappies to prevent staining but that would just take to long if there were 10 filthy wipes, so how do you store them until wash time?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->