"Good Luck With That"

:grr: at stupid scaremongering people......what the hell does she think she is doing saying she could report you?! I am glad your MW was more sensible :hugs:

I plan on wiping and then rolling them up in the nappies, the same as I would with a Johnsons wipe and Pampers nappy, except I'll chuck them in the nappy bucket rather than the bin. Obviously I don't know how explosive Missy Moo is going to be so that may not work for us but it is for now anyway the plan of action!!

Oh, and I believe you will use on average 2 wipes max per change even for the mega explosive poops :thumbup:

xxx

That would be amazing and seems a miracle! With some of Jaspers poo I end up covered in it and I can literally scoop it out. I can't wait for it to turn solider.

I went to pizza express today and he did it and when I came out of the toilet I hadn't noticed that it hadn't come off after washing my hands and my hands were stained mustard! Mortified in front of all my friends. I told Matt and he said that's my boy!!! Men

Sadly people often bring their personal opinions to their 'professional' practice. Mention it to your m/w who i'm guessing probably had a quiet word after the visit. The NQ m/w should know better but hopefully she'll learn. :hug:

How ridiculous! Using cloth isn't exactly a hardship, lol! Don't let her get to you, if you want cloth to work it will!!! :). And I love using cloth wipes! Although I didn't have nearly enough and had to place an order 2 days after he was born!

Also sorry to sound stupid but I am about to switch to reusable wipes, can you put them in the same wet bag as the nappies. Jaspers nappies are so explosive that I rinse them straight away with a cold shower before I would put them in with wet nappies to prevent staining but that would just take to long if there were 10 filthy wipes, so how do you store them until wash time?

1-2 fleece wipes does the job of upto 6 chuck away ones. Wet wipes go in the nappy as Pops said and this is what I do with really poopy ones:
Take the nappy and it's contents to the loo, remove the fleece liner and wipe/s, nappy in the pail, then hold the liner and wipe/s (seriously you use 2 max with a poop) in the toilet and flush. Swish under the flow of the clean water, squeeze and chuck in the pail. I usually flush once but if it's a bit more solid as Sid's are getting, I might flush twice. :)

Oh and Retromum I can share a photo of the type of poop Sid does and is seen off with 2 wipes.....you will be :shock:

oooh slighly off topic, but when do the babiies poo get more solid? Remi's is still runny and grainy like mustard!

i just rinse my liners and pop in the pail with the nappies but will use that toilet trick when out n about.

Sids are just starting to get like melted chocolate rach.....Mmmmmmmm

ugh, what a stupid woman and to call herself a MW! I am half tempted to email you some lovely facts about the differences between cloth & disposable to throw at her next time!

I can't wait to see that. Lisa can you do me a mixed set of wipes so they're not all one pattern? And how do I pre order a skulls wipe bag? xxx

you can actually smell the chemicals in disposables....Remi is still in them at night as we have not found a night nappy that contains her wee yet and they stink in the morning and i have taken to putting spuggies liners in them to protect her bum!

That's a genius idea!

I had a run in with a HV this morning when I went to get Lottie weighed. She hasn't been eating very much at all over the last few days and the HV said I should offer her water to make sure she doesnt get dehydrated. Which is perfectly reasonable, but Lottie won't drink plain water she'll have a couple of gulps, realise what it is and spit bottle and water out screaming! So I asked if I could put a few drops of juice in to flavour it (knowing full well that I will whatever she says!) and got a full blown lecture on how I shouldn't be starting solids and that I musn't wean until she's 6 months and that she should go from a completely milk diet to having a completely solids diet within 4 weeks of staring weaning :shrug: So needless to say, I smiled nodded and will do exactly what I think is best for Lottie!! I didn't even mention BLW as I just couldn't be bothered.

oooh slighly off topic, but when do the babiies poo get more solid? Remi's is still runny and grainy like mustard!

i just rinse my liners and pop in the pail with the nappies but will use that toilet trick when out n about.
Evie's started getting more solid when I introduced solids. She still had the odd creamy poo (she's an Aptamil baby which is notorious for korma style poos!) but they're becoming less and less frequent now she's on 3 meals a day :thumbup:

Back on topic.. that midwife was so unprofessional!! She wont get far in her career if she carries on with that attitude! Cheeky cow has to learn to keep her stupid and outdated opinions to herself!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->