Good news for Home Births

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by peabean, Apr 15, 2009.

1. peabean

peabean Guest

2. Vici

Vici Mum to a LTTC princess!!

Very interesting results and great for those who want home births as a support.

For me, living so far from a hospital I would never dream of a home birth due to delay in being able to get to hospital if I needed it :)

3. marley2580

marley2580 Well-Known Member

Studies have been showing this for years, it's nothing new. But it is good that it's once again been highlighted.

4. milkmachine

milkmachine Formally uv

this has been what i thought was common knowledge for years. a midwife once told me they dont like mentioning it to people incase they are short staffed....

5. becstar

becstar Sleep is for the weak

Yup - in my area (I'm hoping for a home birth) they're very short staffed with sickness, maternity leave and at my due date, people booked off for summer holidays) so there are only usually 2, sometimes 3 on call. But the midwife told me home births are a priority, which must be a bit of a drain... I almost feel guilty! The on call midwives apparently cover the home births and the birth centres.