Good news for Home Births

P

peabean

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/5153546/Boost-home-births-call-as-research-shows-they-are-safe.html

I'm really glad about this, as I'm a tad hospital and doctor phobic, I think the fact that I'll feel more comfortable at home will mean I'd have less complications. I am intending on having this first one in a birth centre, as a bit of a 'midway point' between home and hospital, but I'd definately consider a home birth for my second.

Very interesting results and great for those who want home births as a support.

For me, living so far from a hospital I would never dream of a home birth due to delay in being able to get to hospital if I needed it :)

Studies have been showing this for years, it's nothing new. But it is good that it's once again been highlighted.

this has been what i thought was common knowledge for years. a midwife once told me they dont like mentioning it to people incase they are short staffed....

Yup - in my area (I'm hoping for a home birth) they're very short staffed with sickness, maternity leave and at my due date, people booked off for summer holidays) so there are only usually 2, sometimes 3 on call. But the midwife told me home births are a priority, which must be a bit of a drain... I almost feel guilty! The on call midwives apparently cover the home births and the birth centres.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->