Good remedy for water retention?

Logan's Mum

....plus Eric : )
Reaction score
When AF threatens to make an appearance I sometimes get really bad water retention. Its not horrendous, but I feel flumpy and my jelly-belly looks a bit wobblier :blush: Does anyone know of any good remedies for it? (I dont BF if it makes a difference).
Thanks!
:flower:

* Green tea is a natural diuretic food that has been in use for centuries in China.
* Consumption of cranberry juice can aid in removal of excess fluid retention.
* Apple cider vinegar exhibits natural diuretic properties and in addition maintains the potassium levels. It can be added to the salad dressing.
* Dandelion is often used as a natural diuretic.
* Nettle has natural diuretic properties that facilitate good cleansing.
* Dandelion leaf tea aids in detoxification and has a beneficial effect on those suffering from cystitis and urinary tract infections.
* Fennel has carminative and diuretic properties and is frequently used in seasoning food.

Diuretic food

Natural foods with high water content such as watermelons and cucumbers help increase urination and better flushing out of toxins. Cucumbers are rich in sulfur and silicon that stimulate the kidneys into better removal of uric acid. Watercress and artichokes are also natural diuretic foods.

Asparagus contains asparigine - a chemical alkaloid that boosts kidney performance, thereby improving waste removal from the body.

Brussel Spouts help in stimulating the kidneys and pancreas. This helps in better cleansing of cells.

Beets are natural diuretic foods that attack floating body fats and fatty deposits.

Oats contain silica - a natural diuretic.

Cabbage is known to aid breakage of fatty deposits, especially around the abdominal region.

Carrots are a rich source of carotene that speeds the metabolic rate of the body and hastens removal of fat deposits and waste.

Lettuce aids better metabolism and flushing of toxins.

Tomatoes are rich in Vitamin C that aid the metabolism and release of water from the kidney to flush out waste.

Other than the other excellent properties that Garlic possesses, it is a natural diuretic food that aids breakage of fat. Horseradish, raw onions and radish speed up your metabolism.

Cheers for the responses, didnt realise that drinking more water would ease it (sounds a bit counter-productive!), but will drink loads more water today and see what happens :thumbup:
Thanks Dizzy for all the suggestions, I used to drink dandelion tea a lot so might give it a go again (doesnt taste that great sadly). Apple cider vinegar is a proper diet plan (quite expensive too), I guess all it would lose is water rather than fat. Might get some cranberry juice too!
:flower:

If you drink more water your body thinks 'oh look im getting water often so i don't need to store as much'. Helps you lose weight too ;p

not drinking water is the main reason i look chubbier than i would and why when i start drinking it i immediately drop weight and look thinner!
water is a weight loss tool,maybe one of the most important. and it flushes out fat as well,and toxins,its like giving your insides a bath!

Well, I had at least 6 pints of water yesterday (will have the same every day), and bought some cranberry juice and Aquaban herbal tablets as well. Hope thats enough to make some difference! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->