Goodbye dear friends :(

Discussion in 'Breastfeeding' started by cowboys angel, Jun 7, 2011.

1. cowboys angel

cowboys angel new mama & wife and ttc#2

It has come the time to bid you all goodbye. :cry:

In the past two weeks, I have had an infection in my breast, my nipples are raw and have open sores on them, my breasts are sore (OUCH), and even though I pump every two hours I still only get 2 ounces (and that's on a really good pumping!) each time.

It's been a rough 2 months, and I just can't take it anymore. Hopefully with my next LO I will have more luck!

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Til then, bye ladies!

2. MelanieAnn

MelanieAnn Guest

Ouch!!!! Ouch!!!! Blessings to you and your lovely babe.

Sometimes it's really, really hard to resolve BF issues. I totally understand how a mum can get to the point of saying "enough". And I respect that. Blessings.

3. cowboys angel

Yes, OUCH!!! Thanks for understanding. :) Hopefully I will be back with LO#2 in the next couple years. I still firmly believe in the benefits of exlusively bf I just can't take it anymore. :)

4. kelly29

kelly29 Guest

awww hun:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs: so sad that youv'e had so many problems its so upsetting though that youv'e battled through and its just got worse for you:cry::cry: i'm sorry for you for that :hugs::hugs:good luck though hun youv'e done well to get this far:thumbup: see you in bc though:thumbup:x

5. cowboys angel

See you in bc!!! :) My experience hasn't scared me away, I'll be back! Hopefully I won't have another early delivery and LO#2 will be more interested IN boobie feeding. My poor preemie just was so confused and we had to fight so hard for her to nurse.

6. summer rain

summer rain Mum of 5

I'm sorry hun though you should be giving yourself a big pat on the back for giving your LO such an amazing start in her life xx

7. CeriB

CeriB Well-Known Member

Congrats for getting this far! Hope all continues to go well for you both :hugs:

8. cowboys angel

Thank you both. I don't regret doing it. I just wish I could have done a little better. Oh well. I'm working on not blaming myself for this one. An infection is nothing I could prevent....right?

Like I said though, I don't regret bf'ing, and I will try again when I have my next LO.

9. cowboys angel

oops, double post!

10. AmeliePoulain

AmeliePoulain Mama to 3 girls

Congratulations on all you have achieved and I hope your boobies feel better soon :flower:

11. Nervous_1

Nervous_1 Well-Known Member

well done for giving your LO the best possible start to life! :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

12. bky

bky :(

:hugs:
    But well done you.

13. mrs_park

mrs_park Mummy to THREE BOYS!

Congrats on getting this far, you've done so well! :hugs:

14. Cattia

Cattia Well-Known Member

I am sure a lot of people would have given up long ago. You have done a great job for your LO and I am sure the milk you have given her has given her an amazing start. You should be proud that you have done so well for her.