...got a BFP??? say what?! (long post!)

bebedreamr

Reaction score
So I posted about how I bled for 3 days (lightly) around af time, and wondered if it was my period... but then my breasts were STILL hurting after this strange period. Turns out it wasn't a period at all, but was implantation or breakthrough bleeding because I just tested with the second FRER from an expired box (the first one I used a day before the bleeding and got a neg) and got a positive. I have been fretting for days having this feeling that something was amiss, but scared to test.

How did you all break it to your parents? I am terrified... i remember when I was 16 and told them I had sex, they went BALLISTIC. And my mom has mentioned recently how she isn't ready for grandchildren, me and my OH are ready to tackle this together (have been living together for a year and a half, together for 2.5 years, own a home) but I don't think my parents are ready, especially since I am not married. I know this isnt the life they envisioned for me, but I have to admit I have had motherly yearnings for years now, especially since OH and I have been together. When I told him I was laughing, and he smiled too. He doesn't want me to stress.

Also there are financial things to consider, so much to take in! How did you all deal with this big change? I will have to put my schooling on hold (working on my bachelor of Social work, already have my Undergrad so I have some tools) and save like CRAZY... my job doesnt pay well.

All this and I am only *maybe* 6 weeks along. I need to not stress if I want my baby to live...

Anyone else nervous?!?!?!?!

I didnt want to read and run. But things happen for a reason and they will work out. Your parents may be upset at first but after a while they should realize that yes it was an accident but they are getting a grandbaby to love forever out of it! You cant be mad at a baby :) Good luck

it sounds like you are prepareed for this - im 25 ttc, married and i RENT. so im sure you will be just fine, i hope they support you :)

That sucks but I'm sure it will be okay. People often blow up and settle down after the fact.

On a side note, I completed my Bachelors of Social Worker in 2008. I left school briefly in 2005 to have my daughter. Feel free to chat with me if you have questions, thoughts, or want to commiserate together. :)

Congrats!!!

Like the others have said, your parents may be upset at first, but certainly they will calm down and be happy in the end. They probably even expect this to an extent, since they have been making comments about grandchildren. Brace yourself for the worst when you tell them, but expect fully that they will be THRILLED to see that tiny squirming baby when its born!!

CONGRATS to you and try not to worry... you are pregnant and you are going to be a happy momma!!

I found out i was pregnant when i was 17!!... i was still living at home withmy mum and me and my OH had only really started dating, and i was on the pill and fell pregnant while on a course of antibiotics....

I thought OMG how on earth am i going to tell my mum, she'll kill me!!! But she didnt, she just said what will be will be, and i was shocked, but happy and she helped with doctors appointments e.t.c and she loves being a grandmother twice over (i had another baby 3 years down the line lol)...

Im now 25 and She doesnt know im trying again, but i dont want to put pressure on me or my OH that we have to get Pregnant ASAP to avoid not letting others down.

Im sure your parents will be shocked, but reassure them that yes you will need to take time out from your studies, but you can pick them back up again and everything is ok.... I'm sure there will come round and be protective of you and your Bean...

All the best x

Thanks ladies... your encouragement means SO much to me. It would be so beautiful if my parents were happy for us, but if they aren't that isn't something I can control. (Too bad my brain wouldn't listen to that when I was attempting to sleep...lol!)

Swalumni, I will most certainly be messaging you for more information on how you manage it all.I feel overly confident ATM, but life always has its ways of making things challenging. Did you go full time, or part time? I am worried about taking student loans, as I don't want to be in more debt especially with a child. Where do you work now? Do you enjoy it?

I was 19 when I got pg with my first son. (and still living at home with my mother and 2 brothers in a 2 bedroom apartment working at a fast food place) My dad didnt talk to me for 2 weeks when he found out and now since then he has been blessed with a total of 7 earth grandbabies and one angel grand baby and he loves them all dearly. They will come around, trust me. They wont wanna miss out of their child and grand childs life.... just give them time, dont push or expect them to be thrilled immediately. :hugs:

CONGRATS THOUGH!!!! :happydance:

Thanks ladies... your encouragement means SO much to me. It would be so beautiful if my parents were happy for us, but if they aren't that isn't something I can control. (Too bad my brain wouldn't listen to that when I was attempting to sleep...lol!)

Swalumni, I will most certainly be messaging you for more information on how you manage it all.I feel overly confident ATM, but life always has its ways of making things challenging. Did you go full time, or part time? I am worried about taking student loans, as I don't want to be in more debt especially with a child. Where do you work now? Do you enjoy it?

I spent the first semester part-time when DD was 6 months old and then went back on full-time after that, plus working. I did end up taking student loans to make it during that time period and am struggling to pay them now. However, I dont regret getting my degree and doing it with a baby in tow. After I graduated, I started working in child welfare and have been doing so for 3 years now. I generally do child protection..investigations, child removal, informal/formal court cases, etc. I love what I do!

You can do this, it just takes some planning and a hell of a lot of willpower. After I had my baby, I dived right in because I knew I had to for her. And thank God I did. :) Cant wait to hear from you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
over35tryin
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->