Got a peak at jelly bean today!

spunky84

TTC #4
Reaction score
I got to take a peak at jelly bean today!

I had my appointment today. My midwife said we'd try the doppler today. I told her that I've been able to get it successfully since 8+6. Unfortunately, she wasn't able to find the heartbeat on the doppler.

She wasn't concerned as it can be difficult at 12 weeks (but maybe me saying that I've been getting it at home made a difference?), but she did order a scan to get the heart tones.

Jelly bean is just fine (I wasn't too worried as I just got it yesterday morning). Wouldn't stop moving. The tech said he/she wouldn't stay still long enough for her get it real well (but then ended up getting 161 bpm).

Then she turned the screen for me, and, thankfully, jelly bean stayed put a little so I could get a nice view and even wriggled a foot/leg for me :cloud9:

That's so exciting! I can't wait until I finally get to see mine. :D

Nice :) I got an unexpected peak at my lil bean yesterday at a routine prenatal appt. The dr wanted to take a look and brought in the little machine they have in the office as its a maternity group. I never expected to see the baby so soon. I have the actual 12 week scan in two weeks time. My baby too wouldnt stay still and kept wriggling about.

Do you know about when you'll get one? It always seems like waiting for the first appointment and scan seems to take forever!

Aww that's great, glad all ok :)

Nice :) I got an unexpected peak at my lil bean yesterday at a routine prenatal appt. The dr wanted to take a look and brought in the little machine they have in the office as its a maternity group. I never expected to see the baby so soon. I have the actual 12 week scan in two weeks time. My baby too wouldnt stay still and kept wriggling about.

Aw, that's great that you got a little peak! Not much longer then for your 12 week scan! Did they send you home with a pic or is that something you'll get at the 12 week?

We didn't get one for this one since it was just a quick heart tones check. It was just so cute. When I had a scan with DD around this time, she just looked like a giant blob with legs :laugh2: So it was really awesome to see something really resembling a baby (also noticed the flicker of the heart, which I never really noticed with DD).

We're doing a private scan on the 6th at 13 weeks, so I'm hoping to get some pictures of that cuteness then! I really can't wait to see jelly bean again and be able to have the pictures.

The dr said i could take pics of baby on the machine if i wanted too, but i decided to wait until the actual scan :) Also my mom and hubby want to be there for the first ultrasound, so i didnt want them to just see the pics. Yeah the next couple weeks are going to go by fast.

Do you know about when you'll get one? It always seems like waiting for the first appointment and scan seems to take forever!

My first appointment is at the end of next month. I'm not sure if I'll be getting my first scan then or not! I suspect not -- I know they only do ultrasounds on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and my appointment is on a Monday. So hopefully the same week, at least!

My first appointment is at the end of next month. I'm not sure if I'll be getting my first scan then or not! I suspect not -- I know they only do ultrasounds on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and my appointment is on a Monday. So hopefully the same week, at least!

Aw, well, hopefully the time will go by quickly for you! I really hated the wait for my first appointment.

The dr said i could take pics of baby on the machine if i wanted too, but i decided to wait until the actual scan :) Also my mom and hubby want to be there for the first ultrasound, so i didnt want them to just see the pics. Yeah the next couple weeks are going to go by fast.

Aw, that's nice though :) It'll be nice for him to see the actual ultrasound.

DH had to miss the 3 that I've had (it's extremely difficult for him to get off). He did see the scan pictures from 7+4, but I really wanted him to experience an earlier one since the next won't be until 20 weeks. I scheduled an elective scan for a time that he can go (this Friday), so I'm excited for him to be able to see an ultrasound soon.

Yeah he was happy that i wanted him to wait to actually see baby for himself. He was slightly disappointed that i got a peak without him, but he totally understood that i didnt even know i was going to be seeing baby. Now i just want next wednesday to be here sooner lol. Both grandmas want to see their very first grandchild :) My mom will be there for the ultrasound as well, but i will be sending my mom in law a copy of the pics. At least i dont have to worry about baby not being ok as baby looked great and moving lots when i got my early peak, and the dr didnt say anything. So i dont expect there to be anything wrong at 12 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->