got implanon out last week and TTC, help!

mcwhmm

Reaction score
okay, so I got my implanon out on Thursday after only having it for a month and a half. I had horrible migraines, was dizzy, crazy mood swings, and just an overall awful experience with it. Well, we have decided to try for #2 since I got it out. We are a very sexually active couple (sorry for TMI). I had one period while I had the implanon, but then nothing last month. I technically, (according to my period app on my phone) would have been on my period on the day that I got it removed, but nothing. If I were to have my period then like normal, then I would be ovulating this weekend into next week. I bought an ovulation kit just to test and took the first one this morning, not really expecting anything, just like I expected, it was negative. I have googled a lot about this and seen that a lot of women get their period within a week of having it removed and many even get pregnant in the first week or so. I am looking for some suggestions of maybe personal stories as well. I hate not knowing when to expect my period or even when I should start taking the ovulation tests. I'm probably just expecting everything to happen too fast, but I got pregnant with my first the day after I stopped taking the pill. I know that the implanon is very different, but I only had it in for a month. Thanks in advance for your help:)

My personal experience has been a waiting game! lol, I had it removed after 18months and didn't have a period for 3 months! I got it removed 29th May and had my first period 24th Aug but I am ovulating again (either have or will tomorrow) so seems I'm back to a normal 28 day cycle for me! For the first 8-10 weeks after getting it removed I had LOADS of pregnancy symptoms but deff not pregnant :( BOO! lol

Good luck! :flow:

I know how u are feeling however i have been waiting almost 12 weeks for af to show up! I was on cerazette bc pill not the implant but i guess they can all mess up periods!

Its just a waiting game xx

I also got implanon out - on 26th aug. I actually had it in more than 3 years so effectiveness should have been on the decline since end of March. We were using condoms as well until I got it out. Had couple of days bleeding a few days after it was out so just waiting to see what next. Definitely had some EWCM which didn't get at all on Implanon so don't know if this means I have ovulated or not. Have felt nauseous over the last few days and although technically could be pregnant we've only had sex once so very unlikely. Think prob just my normal hormones trying to settle down!!

Anyway here goes and good luck to you too!

I started spotting today, but it was just very, very, very light. I don't know if I should count this as the start of my period, or just my hormones going crazy! Thanks for your stories. I have heard so many different things! Some people get pregnant right away and some it takes a year or more. I just figured since I got pregnant so easy coming off this pill this would be similar since I was only on it a month, but who knows! I don't know when I should start using my ovulation tests either. Should I wait for an actual for sure period?

okay, so I got my implanon out on Thursday after only having it for a month and a half. I had horrible migraines, was dizzy, crazy mood swings, and just an overall awful experience with it. Well, we have decided to try for #2 since I got it out. We are a very sexually active couple (sorry for TMI). I had one period while I had the implanon, but then nothing last month. I technically, (according to my period app on my phone) would have been on my period on the day that I got it removed, but nothing. If I were to have my period then like normal, then I would be ovulating this weekend into next week. I bought an ovulation kit just to test and took the first one this morning, not really expecting anything, just like I expected, it was negative. I have googled a lot about this and seen that a lot of women get their period within a week of having it removed and many even get pregnant in the first week or so. I am looking for some suggestions of maybe personal stories as well. I hate not knowing when to expect my period or even when I should start taking the ovulation tests. I'm probably just expecting everything to happen too fast, but I got pregnant with my first the day after I stopped taking the pill. I know that the implanon is very different, but I only had it in for a month. Thanks in advance for your help:)
I had my implant removed and had AF show up two days later. I only had it in 4 months and bled lots on it.
Anyone else the same and ttc ?

Update:: I am now on a full blown period 2 days after having it removed. I am going to start taking my ovulation tests next week and see if I'm ovulating. Fingers crossed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->