got my BFP this afternoon - caught on depo injection or just before i had it

E

emmalouisexox

hi ladies had my BFP this morning.

i noticed that i had leaking from my boobs while i was getting changed a few days ago.
so me and oh decided to test just incase but i've been on the depo since august my periods have always been irregular i told this to the nurse who gave me the depo and she seemed fine with it and gave me injection.
had no other symptoms of pregnancy up until now when i noticed that my boobs are leaking have lower backache today and been having heartburn on and off

we're not too sure bout dates etc so just wondering when i see my doctor will he try and get me a emergency scan to find out?

Congrats on your :bfp:

How exciting! I believe that if you are unsure of your due date, your doctor should issue you a scan. It probably won't be until at least 2-3 weeks after you got your BFP otherwise there will be little to see on an ultrasound before then and would worry you more than not knowing at all. If your doctor doesn't mention a scan, you can always ask, tell them for peace of mind. Good luck! Hope you have a h&h 9 months!

Thing is we don't know how far we are we've only just found out we could be anywhere from first stages to 20 weeks or so

Hello! I'm not sure where you are based but in the UK they would refer you to a midwife who would then have a feel of your tummy which should be able to give a rough estimate of how far along you may be (for example if they can't get feel your uterus above your pubic bone then it's likely youd be less than 12 weeks). From there they would then refer you for a scan. Depending how far along they think you may be would possibly determine how quickly the scan was. Your doctor may also err on the side of caution and send you for a scan right away if he thinks there's a possibility you could be up to 20 weeks.

Good luck! Do keep us updated.

Olivette x

i'm from the midlands chick

i've had 4 other children before but this one i either fell pregnant before i had my first depo injection or while i've been on it. i've worked out if i had indeed fallen pregnant before my first depo i will be about 20 weeks but not too sure if i got caught while on depo or just before. i'm seeing the prescribing nurse at my local doctors tomorrow and will see what she says or can do (if she can try and get an emergency scan)

i've checked and felt around and it feels like bump is above my pubic bone and i'm sure i've felt some movement the last few days but trying to determin if its me overthinking things....

Emma xoxo

Ah cool! We are due to move home to the midlands at the end of this month!

By the sounds of it then it sounds like you caught possibly just before! It could be possible that they didn't inject into the right place and it didn't take full effect but I think that doesn't happen very often.

Hopefully the nurse can be of help tomorrow!

really? aha i'm near birmingham bout 30 min train ride away really!

i'm hoping the nurse will be as well! just hoping that she can be of more help and try and get me a scan asap as i'm panicking/worrying about whats happening as there is nothing really on the net with information bout being pregnant while on the depo.

me and OH were talking last night and he said he's worried bout me cuz gradually in each pregnancy i've had problems/complications.

2008 - first pregnancy no problems at all. was sent to fau once due to movement but all was fine.
2011 - second i had gestational hypertentsion, was sent in a few times to fau but all was okat got insuced on due date.
2013 - was monitored more with this pregnancy blood pressure was high from 20 weeks onwards gradually getting higher and higher and he was measuring small. induced at 38 weeks he was 6lb 11oz. was told i had borderline pre-eclampsia.
2015 - everything was going great until 24 weeks. blood pressure was creeping up again took into fau pretty much every week. scans every 2 weeks as to check placenta etc saw consultant every week as well loads of protein in urine scan at 34 weeks 4 days showed mia had stopped growing and blood pressure was sky high.
induced following day we were kept in hospital for a week til my blood pressure was under control and mia was on a heated mattress for 4 days.

really dont wanna go through it all gone i'm worried and gettin a bit anxious about it all:(

sorry for such a long post

Emma xoxo

Ah that sounds like either Coventry or Wolverhampton? We're moving back to Wolves! I previously lived there but we moved out to the east of England to be closer to my side of the family but looking to move home to be closer to husbands family.

Do mention your concerns to the nurse today. I'd honestly be tempted to self defer to the EPU as by the sounds of it it's important you get seen.

Hopefully the nurse will be able to give you more advice. Do let me know how you get on I'll be thinking about you.

X

I'm from wednesbury :)
I'm going to today just want peace of mind. Gotta wait til 10 to 2 for my appointment so gonna keep myself busy to try and make the time go quicker.

I'll keep you updated on this post after I've been docs and what she's gonna do etc

Emma xoxo

sorry for late update - been busy with the kids :)

Saw nurse today and she checked my belly to see how far my uterus is and she said she reckons i'm between 20 weeks to 22 weeks.
she said its common to mix up pregnancy symptoms with the depo side affects as the depo is progestogen based anyway.
also that she cant refere me for scan so need to book in to see midwife first etc

she didnt give much info on any side affects to baby from the depo either so i'm still worried about that and she said its still 50/50 chance that i'll get pre-eclampsia again :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->