Got my BFP today, now what?

wonderstruck

Reaction score
So I finally tested positive today and although I'm super excited I'm also really nervous because I feel like I don't know what I'm doing! I'm seeing my family doctor on Tuesday and taking a prenatal but so far that's it. Looking for buddies to share advice and experiences with :)

Congrats and welcome! :happydance: Don't worry about being nervous, I think most of us are, haha.

Congrats!! Just try to relax until Tuesday, and enjoy being pregnant :flower:

Haha thanks, I struggle with anxiety so I'm always having to remind myself not to worry so much and get all ahead of myself. I'm sure I'll figure things out as I go along :)

I'm only 4 weeks and nervous too... And it's not my first! You are in good company.

So happy for you! I struggle with anxiety too, so I know how you feel.

Congrats i'm 4 weeks today and nervous! Ive booked in with a midwife and have an appointment in 3 weeks and have been referred for early scan by my doctor for previous losses! I just want to get past the next week or so and i will start to relax!

Can I join in the anxious wait? I just got my first squinter last night. It has gradually turned into an undeniable :bfp: on three different brands today...Yeah I'm a serial tester. It has even darkened today. I can't be more than a few days past implantation. This will be my 4th baby. Still crazy nervous. I can't believe I got pregnant my first month TTC after almost 9 years since the last time I got pregnant...just in shock. CANNOT relax and accept this.

I'm also 4 weeks 😊
only symptom I've had is the odd sore niggle in my boobs the past 2 days. I won't settle till I've more symptoms tho. I had bad morning sickness with my other 2 children but i don't think it started until I was 6 weeks. ..... I want to enjoy this pregnancy as I think it's my last but the early stages scare me. Keeping everything crossed for a healthy 9 months xx

Hey ladies.
Can I join?

I got my BFP last week - I am about 5 weeks.
First time mom - so super nervous but also super excited.

I went to see my gp on Friday last week. They said the hospital will contact me.
I just want to get a date for my scan now!

How's everyone coming along?

I'm having cramps towards the evening and sometimea randomly in the day.
No other real syptomes - apart from being tired a lot!

Wish you all a happy and healthy nine months xoxox

Hey ladies.
Can I join?

I got my BFP last week - I am about 5 weeks.
First time mom - so super nervous but also super excited.

I went to see my gp on Friday last week. They said the hospital will contact me.
I just want to get a date for my scan now!

How's everyone coming along?

I'm having cramps towards the evening and sometimea randomly in the day.

Wish you all a happy and healthy nine months xoxox

Hi poppet and everyone else here :)

I got my bfp as well :D I got my first positive at 11dpo, my period due date is tomorrow, so hopefully its a sticky one ;) I did feel weirs the last couple of days: bad headaches, very tired and sleepy, and hungry, my breasts are sore in a different way too, def feel different than pms.
How are you feeling? According to the calculator, im 4 weeks tomorrow.

Glad to see I'm with so many nice ladies here, I'm 5weeks 4day's and I'm extremely anxious, having a early scan when I'm 8.5 weeks but my god the day's go so slow now I know I'm pregnant!!!
feeling very tired & bad headaches.....breasts very tender to.

Anyway..... hope everyone is doing good! And at least we can talk through our fears/questions on here! Xx

I'm thinking if I focus on getting things done before the the baby is born, rather than just focus on the finish this will go more quickly. Lol my DH to be and I have set a goal for saving some cash for expenses when we are off work. I've also become determined to declutter and stock diapers (cloth and disposables). I'm trying to learn prenatal yoga poses and strengthen my core and pelvic floor. I'm planning to crochet a blanket too...now whether this all happens or not is another story entirely, but it helps me feel productive and distract me from time dragging. Lol

5w today here and also nervous! More so than I was with my son.. Seems silly! Mostly nervous about having two very young kids :haha:

Sometimes writing down what I am nervous about helps me realize how silly it is and I get over it. I've only known I'm pregnant for 4 days and I already have had as many concerns! (Is my test dark enough? Why don't I have symptoms? What was that random pain? Am I overdoing it?) Lol! But hey, we are pregnant! Let's enjoy that in itself!

I'm only 4 weeks today. I have been testing with good brand tests before, but decided to keep testing for a few more days and went ahead and bought the cheapies a from Walmart, and now I feel like the like is lighter. I hope it's just difference between tests. I also had symptoms Monday and Tuesday but feeling much better yesterday and today. Very soar breasts and extremely sensitive nipples stayed, I feel a bit crampy form time to time, couple stronger ones, but they didn't last long, may be a very few seconds. I had a terrible headache, which is gone now, I also felt very hungry, which I feel is better now too, but I started eating breakfasts and carbs , so may be that helped my headaches and hunger.
So as you can see, I do get concerned too.
We just tend to pay attention to every little thing. But how can we not to? :)
I hope everyone is having a great day!!

Can I join? I just got my bfp yesterday! 4w4d today :) I was so sick my last pregnancy and I think it started around week 5 or 6 so I am anxiously awaiting to see if that happens again. So far I haven't had really any symptoms other than being exhausted. But then again I have a 2 yr old and I am always exhausted! Haha. Here is to a healthy 9 months for all of us!

Can I join? I just got my bfp yesterday! 4w4d today :) I was so sick my last pregnancy and I think it started around week 5 or 6 so I am anxiously awaiting to see if that happens again. So far I haven't had really any symptoms other than being exhausted. But then again I have a 2 yr old and I am always exhausted! Haha. Here is to a healthy 9 months for all of us!

Welcome!

I'm 4w and 3d today, so we are super close on that :) I don't have simptoms either. I actually didn't feel well the first couple of days of the week, I felt nausea, chills, hunger and extremely tired, but after that I feel fine. Just sore breasts, and little tiny cramps here and there.. First pregnancy here..

May I join you ladies!? I'm 4weeks 2 days. Got my BFP on 12dpo! My test line showed up right away and was almost darker than the control line. I don't know if that means anything but I'm trying to convince myself that it means it will be a sticky one!

Today is the day for my expected period. I've been having cramps for over a week now. They dont really last all day but it feels "tight" in there. I'm also super bloated and have extremely sore nipples and creamy cm. unfortunately these are all AF symptoms for me so I am freaking out. I know I shouldn't but I will just feel so much better if I could fast forward to week 13!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->