Got to go into mat unit at 3 UPDATED PG2

littlemansmum

Mum Of 2 Beautiful Boys x
Reaction score
Well girls,

I am heading into the mat unit for 3 oclock, i went to see the doc last week as had really bad itching and a headache for about 4 days and she said to book in for bloods and she gave me some cream, and just take paracetamol for the itching. When i went in she didn't dip my urine, no need apparently and my bp was apparently somewhere near limits, but in any case was sky high for me, but again was told not to worry.
Well i have been taking the paracetamol and using the cream but to no effect, earliest blood test they could do was the 27th so ages away, my liitlest man has really slowed his moving down over the weekend and haven't felt him at all today so i phoned the mat unit and the mw went ballsitic.
Apparently i should have been referred over on Thursday, so now i have to go in for 3 oclock, was asked to go in for 12 but bit impossible as i am 30 miles from hospital and hubby is at work with our car, so i managed to bargain things out and go in for 3 but they are going to do bloods there and then, stick me on a monitor and possibly keep me overnight, although was told to bring all my bags in as i need to be prepared to be delivered if need be. WTF??? I am only 28 weeks tomorrow!
So now i am glad i called them but am SO completely crapping myself, i hate it when i don't feel him move it makes me feel like it could be like when i lost my Ben all over again, my last pregnancy was bad and i was lucky to have a healthy son at the end, but i keep worrying is this it? Is it all gonna go tits up?

Sorry for rambling and ranting on, and thanks for reading will try and update asap when if and when i get home later xxx

Good luck hun, hope everything is ok. Keep us updated xx

good luck hun *try not to worry* hope everything goes well for you :hugs:

sara

xxxxxxxx

Aw hun,hope everything goes well for you and they let you back home.Will keep my fingers crossed for you.Let us know how you get on.Take Care.x

i know its easier said than done but please try not to worry, let us know how u go on when u can.
thinking of u :hugs:

good luck hun, its the best place for you to be where they can keep a proper eye on you :hugs: xxx

oh golly :( sorry to hear you are going through all this :( hope everything turns out ok for you and your lil one!

xXx

Thanks for all your kind wishes girls, have just pm'd my text buddy purple_socks and will text her in a mo, have asked her to keep you all updated if i have to stay in otherwise will update when i get home which is obviously the outcome i am hoping for xxx

Well girls, i'm back! Just got home now, was put on a trace by a snotty midwife who seemed not to be able to care less, but was taken over by a nice midwife.
Anyway, they said that monitoring baby at 28 ish weeks is very difficult but that they managed to get a good trace for 28 weeks so thats good and my littlest man is fine!
No explanation for reduced/no movements but he moved loads when on ccg and has been active on and off ever since, saw a doc about my itching, had bloods taken and was told is quite likely i have colestasis but whatever my blood result they will be doing weekly bloods and ccg's until itching stops even if this means i go once a week for next 12 weeks yippee! Not really that happy bout it but least they are doing something, also got some nice cream which they say may help.
The mw phoned my consultant to find out if she would see me in clinic next week or her reg only to be told my stupid community midwife had booked me with the wrong consultant, i am booked with a guy who has left so i now have a locum consultant looking after me which was not meant to happen as am now officially acknowledged as high risk, apparently was high risk all along but now they are aware of everything that my midwife didn't tell them, they said that all high risk mums were to be booked with a permanent consultant.
The mw at hospital is going to see if she can switch me across, but if not then this consultant at least now knows that he needs to see more often.
Reg today said that because i am bicornuate the fact that baby is still breech at 28 weeks means he has about a 2% chance of turning if that (poss less as baby measures 75th entile for height and reg thinks he just will not have room) but he said will be discussed with me at appt next week and whether happens next week or bit later will more than likely be booked for another section, again yay! But if it's how baby needs to be born to arrive safely then fair enough.
So i am home and not really well but am now getting the care i need which is good, thanks to all for your kind thoughts etc am really touched xxx

So pleased all is ok hun!! Bet that's a big relief to finally get some answers and get the care you deserve! All the best sweetie!!

Pleased your home and that bubs is doing well xx

so pleased all went well and that little one can stay in the comfort a little longer! x

Me too chick, although they reassured me loads saying bicornuate uterus makes me more likely to go into preterm labour, but my gut feeling is 37/38 weeks. Just so glad he can stay put for the moment bless him xxx

Oooh and when i got home my new pram had been delivered, turned out to be a good day in the end xxx

so pleased you're ok and everything is alright x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->