gotta love family (longish)

Vickie

Hannah & Rhys <3
Reaction score
As most of you know we're leaving for Texas on Saturday. Well both of my brother's kids birthday's are this month and they are holding the party Saturday evening, 6 o'clock their time, 7 TO time. Anyways we considered going but it's going to be a long day and they live 30 minutes from my mom (where we'll be staying) and Hannah's usually in bed between 7-8 TO time. Now I find out one of my sisters is mad at us for not wanting to take Hannah there :saywhat: How can she not understand me not wanting to put a 4.5 month old through that!? Hannah's going to be tired and cranky. Plus it's a new environment, she's never met any of my family and she's starting to get wary of strangers so after a long day of traveling and about the time she is usually in bed is probably not the best time for them to get acquainted with her :wacko:

That is just stupid. I would understand her being disappointed, but to be mad. She is just being silly.

I dont see why she thinks she has the right to be mad. I mean, most people want to be home and start settling down when it gets that late. Why are they doing it that late in the evening?

:hugs: some people just don't think... doesn't really make sense that she is mad at you!! :hugs:

I don't understand why she's being mad. It is obvious that you guys will have had a long day of traveling, Hannah will need time to adjust etc. Even though it's only 1h backwards, Hannah will feel the difference and she will be really exhausted from all the stress she's been through from seeing new things, being in a different environment & temperature etc.

I would explain to her why you rather not go and apologize, but if she's still mad I would think she's just being selfish!

I could understand f it was disappointment but not to get mad over it, especially if its the first time Hannah will be seeing them :(

i cant understand why shes mad. surely she remembers what having a young baby is like x

:nope: Not apologizing, it's not even her kids party (petty of me I guess :shrug: but don't see why she has the right to be mad). They chose this day because it works best for SIL's family--which is fine. They chose the time just in case we might be able to go. But that being said I've explained to my brother (the one's whose birthday it is) that we probably can't go. Not sure why this sister even thinks she has a right to be mad :shrug: Oh and we did try explaining, she's still not happy with us. I don't even think it's because we aren't going but my mom doesn't want to go because she wants to meet her new grandbaby and that's what's making her mad. I told my mom to go, that we'll settle in by ourselves--she said no

:blush: Oh and I did apologize to my brother so you don't all think me completely selfish :blush:

Hun. Neither your, nor your mother for that fact are being selfish. If your sis has kids, then she should totally understand your not wanting to make it that late after traveling all day long. If she is that bothered and really wanted you at the party, they should have made it for the next day.

Is it the little boys birthday Saturday? If its not I'd be peed off that they were trying to steal my thunder with your mom meeting her grandchild for the first time :blush:

Tell her to go get herself a life in the sales!!!! :lol:

Well it's actually my brother's kids so the sister who is mad isn't even a parent of the kids! :wacko: Brother understands completely. Anyways it's his daughter AND son's birthday this month. They scheduled the party around when SIL's parents and sister could be there. Which is fine, I'm not upset about that. But don't see why my sister is mad at me :wacko: like I said NOT EVEN HER KIDS party!!! :wacko: :wacko:

oh dear :hugs: it sounds like a lot of wires have been crossed or something. I think they should have asked you what would suit you if they were thinking they wanted you to be there. But even if I didn't have a baby I wouldn't particularly want to be going out to a party after spending a day travelling! Hope your sister is being better with you when you're there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Serenity123
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->