Grace is home after a looong 3 weeks!

Olivias_mum

Reaction score
Its been a long, hard few weeks but Grace was discharged today :) She stopped breathing at home and OH did cpr, we got to A&E and she was ok at first, she went into cardio-respiratory arrest about 10 minutes after we got there, docs did CPR and heart massage for about 20 minutes before her heart started and she started breathing again. She arrested again on the way back up to nicu where they tried giving her a big dose of caffiene and cpap but she continued to respiratory arrest constantly so was intubated and sent to PICU at Alder hey childrens hospital in Liverpool. She ended up fully ventilated with super high pressures in 100% O2 :( they thought she had a really bad bacterial infection but cultures were negative and swabs for viruses didnt show anything, CT and lumbar puncture were both clear and chest xray showed mild changes but nothing that would cause this. She had yet another blood transfusion as her HB was low (5.5!) She was extubated after 5 days and has been pretty much ok sicne bar a few apneas so we are now home with an apnea monitor. they have put it down to ''presumed undetectable sepsis.'' Its been a nightmare few weeks but Alder hey is absolutely an amazing hospital, the staff on PICU are fantastic and Ronald Mcdonald house is a godsend!!

xx

OMG that must have been so scary for you both.

I am glad to hear Grace is now home and recovered.

I agree the Ronald McDonald Houses are a godsend. We stayed in one in Bristol for nearly 8 weeks. Chatting to other parents who were in the same situation also helped us.

Be good Grace and no more scares for mum & dad.

xx

Great news Jo, behave urself Grace :haha:

sp happy to hear she is ok and home. :hugs:

How scary. I hope your all ok and Grace is home and happy and behaving for her Mummy.:hugs:

So glad she's ok sending your all massive hugs xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->