Grace Olivia - 2/8/08 NOW WITH PICS!!

debralouise

Mummy to Grace and Jack x
Reaction score
Well where do I start?

I hadn't felt my usual movements during the day on Friday so we thought it was a good idea to pop over to the midwife unit and just check on things. Well I was monitored for about an hour and the midwife faxed off the report to the hospital where it was checked by the registrar. He wasn't happy and asked us to go straight in.

We arrived about 8pm and again I was monitored to which again they weren't happy as she was having very quiet moments with no activity. He decided that as I was full term it would be best to induce me:hissy: (I wasn't happy as I hadn't shaved my legs!! Seriously that was all I could think about! :dohh:)

I was given the gel at 11pm ad was 3cm by 5am so taken to the labour ward. Started on the gas and air but by 9am I was still only 4cm so I was given a drip to speed things up (My goodness they weren't lying!) So I asked for some pethedine (wow if only they sold this!!!) I managed to sleep between contractions (and apparently talked rubbish for a good while!)

The contractions intensified so I ended up with an epi. Anyway babies heartbeat dropped to 60 and the midwife ressed the emergency button - you can imagine the panic was now having! A consultant was paged to deliver her by forceps and I was told to stop pushing as she was really struggling.

So finally after a rather large cut and very rough consultant GRACE OLIVIA was born at 8.40pm weighing a very healthy 7.8 (after the worry of the growth scans! :hissy:)

Well we're home now and she is simply gorgeous and well worth every second of the labour - I didn't realise I would be this in love!

I will add a pic when I have a chance - she needs a cuddle at the mo (or that's my excuse because mummy wants a cuddle!)

:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

Attachments

• 100_0850.JPG
    100_0850.JPG
    71.3 KB · Views: 174
  • 100_0853.JPG
    100_0853.JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 160
  • 100_0856.JPG
    100_0856.JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 127
  • 100_0857.JPG
    100_0857.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 148
Wow what a story!!

Congratulations!! I cannot wait to see the piccys!!

Hope you're enjoying your cuddle with her :)

xxxx

Congratulations, they're well worth all the trouble in the end.

xx

Congratulations,.....well worth the wait & the pain aren't they lol

:hugs:

congratulations!

Congrats! Can't wait to see pics of your little angel!!

Great story!! Haha i would have been mad if i didnt get to shave my legs lol

aw congratulations and well done.
cant wait to se pics x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back