grade IV plancter previa.

Thank you for your post laser bump, and i will keep my fingers crossed for you to make it till 34 weeks.
Not so sure about the brave part though, but i have no choice but to get on with things as normal as i can. and yes those steriod shots hurt like crazy! had the midwife tell me its all over now the pain has gone, you try telling that to my bum lol
i'v had people tell me that they dont like kings college hospital, but i'v never had a problem in all the years i have gone there, and i trust them completly.
i just hope i can prove the doctors wrong and make it to the 34 week mark as they dont think i will, but so far so good.

you are brave your very brave! yes good old midwives they see so many pregnant ppl everyday they forget that even though we're smiling we're hurting!
yea the only thing about kings is the waiting room time, i was waiting 2 hours the other evening! They did try putting me on a new research study for women with short cervixes when i was 22 weeks pregnant which I didnt like the sound of. You go into 2 groups, 1 group get the usual treatment and the other group get the usual treatment plus this new silicone, cap thing that sits by your cervix and helps support it or sumthing. they don't know if it works or the risks, so i declined. I didnt want me and my baby to be guinea pigs! apart from that kings are nice!at the end of the day im still getting the same treatment and care.

keep us informed with how everything goes! and we can make it to the 34 week mark :) positivity!!

off the topic but how do you get that counter thing up? xx

yea sometimes the waiting times can be a bit long.
The counter thing i just clicked onto someone else's and it brought up a web site, you go through step by step then add it to your profile where it says sig.

Had another bleed y/day morning when i woke up, not to much thankfully, was more like i had just come on my period but with a lot of mucus, it had stoped by late afternoon and baby is fine. driving me mad now. but at least his still staying in, 4 more days till i'm 30 weeks, counting the days.

Had another bleed y/day morning when i woke up, not to much thankfully, was more like i had just come on my period but with a lot of mucus, it had stoped by late afternoon and baby is fine. driving me mad now. but at least his still staying in, 4 more days till i'm 30 weeks, counting the days.

My first bleed started like that. Without wishing to sound like your mother, I hope you've phoned triage to let them know......

i must admit i didnt phone them when it happened this time, i know stupid, i did have an appointment today though and told them, and yes they had ago at me for not comming in, they still want me to stay in hospital untill the baby is born, i wish i could but i cant and i feel so guilty about it.
everything is fine with baby callum heart rate is fine, they said he feels big for a 29 weeker and she thought i was gonna measure bigger aswell, but i didnt i'm spot on measuring 30 weeks. but if baby feels big for 29 weeks then i'm happy as hopfully if he is born early he might not be such a small weight like my shannon was, i always messured smaller then i was ment to with my others.

reading all this is a bit like de ja vu...i went throught this 3 months ago with my daughter and i urge you to be either in hospital or very near to one...i had complete placenta previa...i had 3 bleeds and was always hesitant to ring labour ward as i needed to be at home for my son....i was told i would have a c section booked at 39 weeks which i didnt think i would make it that far anyway. well at 34 weeks i was at home and started bleeding a bit.....i was going to ignore it and hope it goes away (as we all do in this situation) i kept checking myself praying it would go...well it didnt so i had to drop my son off at my MIL and we went to the hospital and there was talk of relesing me or transfering me to another hospital...well i went to the toilet there and all of a sudden there was a gush of blood...needless to say me and my LO were very lucky and i had a emergency c section...as you have been through this before you will understand when i tell you the importance of being in hospital.

i hope all goes well :hug:

Tash, I'm also getting a strong sense of deja vu reading your posts. Please take care!

Thank you all for your concerns i had another bleed this morning more then monday but not a gusher was about an egg cup and a half plus a strawberry sized clot then it stoped, been checked and baby is fine, i came home again as untill tomorrow i still have the kids till they go away with there dad for a week, i'm sitting here crying as the guilt and everything has got on top of me today, i really dont know how much more i can take of this worry, i'm so scared but im more scared if i go into hospital and things go bad that i wont ever see my kids again, and i really dont know what to do for the best, i wanna be here with the kids incase the worst does happen you know? sorry i know it sounds like im being shelfish but in my heart it feels like its the best thing to do.

Thank you all for your concerns i had another bleed this morning more then monday but not a gusher was about an egg cup and a half plus a strawberry sized clot then it stoped, been checked and baby is fine, i came home again as untill tomorrow i still have the kids till they go away with there dad for a week, i'm sitting here crying as the guilt and everything has got on top of me today, i really dont know how much more i can take of this worry, i'm so scared but im more scared if i go into hospital and things go bad that i wont ever see my kids again, and i really dont know what to do for the best, i wanna be here with the kids incase the worst does happen you know? sorry i know it sounds like im being shelfish but in my heart it feels like its the best thing to do.
Is there really no-one else to look after the kids. Heck if you were here I'd do it myself!

The thing is, you are feeling well, and the baby is doing well so there really is no reason for it to go terribly bad. Even with the huge amount of bloodloss I had, both Abby and I are ok. You are even further ahead than I was. But of course, I was already in hospital when it kicked off.

You are monitoring it, and doing the right thing by calling them when there is bleeding and getting yourself checked out. They will tell you when you need to go into hospital. Take their advice.

Rest as much as you can. Don't stress yourself out. Take care of you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->