Graduate training schemes when you have young children?? Anyone help??

chickchock

Reaction score
Hi, I haven't posted on the babyandbump forums for a year or so I think, so firstly, hello again to everyone :wave:

I'm trying to find out if anyone has any experience of doing a graduate training programme, and if so, if they could advise me what they are like.

I have two children, one at school and our youngest is nearly 18 months. I'm not looking at doing anything for another two years, but want to take the time to research and decide what i want to do, and apply etc.

I'm thinking a general management scheme, preferably a 12 month one as I know the work is full time and not excellently paid. The problem I may face is that I am not geographically flexible, so if anyone knows of any companies that offer something based in Devon that is about the only thing i could consider.

But the main thing I'm after is other people's expereinces of doing one of these schemes, either with or without having a family at the same time. Thanks!

I trained at one of the big 4 accoutancy firms on their graduate scheme and the training has been fab. I think your biggest worry is applying and being accepted (as getting on to a grad scheme is very competitive) rather than whether its the right thing to do. Getting a job that offers training whilst also paying you is undoubtedly a brilliant opportunity.

Two of our new grads this year are working Mums. We don't offer p/t training contracts though, it full time or no time. Bristol is out southernmost office.

Good luck with your applications x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->