Grandparent gifts- should we make the kids wait?

DCS

Reaction score
Oh has just been round to his mums to collect the presents becuase they dont drive and deliver ours to them.
There is literally a car full. I have nowhere to put them till they come round tomorrow. Don't realy want to leave them in the car. So we have decided to bring them in once the kids are in bed and leave them in the kitchen. Will throw a blanket over them and hope they don't notice. I said, we should let them open them once his mum gets here about 10am, because she would probably love to see them open their gifts that she has picked out for them. Oh thinks it's mean to make them wait. I think it would break up the day. Kids would wake up at 6 open our gifts and santa gifts, have a play, have some food ( because they won't eat much straight after waking up) then when his family come round could open their gifts from them. Snack and play again before my lot come round with more gifts. If the kids see the gifts under the blanket, I suggested, telling them that they are from nannie and they should wait for her to arrive before opening them.

Wwyd?

I'd wait. Make the day longer and more suspense.
We aren't seeing our extended family until boxing day so they get Christmas all over again.

I would wait as they will have enough presents to open in the morning anyway and it will be nice for them to open more later on :)

I'd wait too. We always did grandparent presents later on growing up. Gracie gets hers later now too.

I would wait too if you can. Be special for grandparents to see them open their gifts !.

I agree with waiting. Seems like it would be really nice for the grandparent(s) to see their gifts opened.

Thanks all. I think it's the best way. It seems unfair that ohs mum doesn't get to see the kids open the gifts she got them. I'm going to get oh to bring them in and try to hide then in the kitchen. I think if I throw a fee bed sheets over the top the won't even notice, they won't be e people ting a stash to be hidden in the kitchen. They will more than likely be too excited to get into the living room to even notice anything else.

Mine wait til their grandparents are here. My mum usually doesnt bring hers in til they have ate lunch

I would wait too. We're not seeing in-laws till boxing day and I've told them to keep the girls gifts till then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->