Gravey granules for cottage pie!?

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
Would it be bad to use? Tesco only have Heinz kids chicken gravey - not going to go with mince is it?

Any suggestions? Could this be one of those in moderation meals?

Trying my best to come up with meal ideas :dohh: and want this to be part of the choice - going to cook some meals up x

Theres so many DO NOT DO now isn't there you just don't know what ones to kinda brush off sometimes.

What kind of sauces do you use or plan to at this stage Lisa?

What about lower salt versions of gravy? If they do them.

Here's a recipe from my baby and toddler recipes that doesn't need gravy.
Cottage Pie

100g minced beef
1 small onion, chopped
2 Tsp Oil
1 Tsp flour
½ beef stock cube dissolved in ½ cup of water (use low salt version, or just use water)
1 Tsp tomato puree
2-3 Potatoes
A little milk
Knob of butter
1 Tbsp grated cheese

1 Fry onion for 2-3 mins.
2 Add the meat and cook for a further 2-3 mins until brown.
3 Sprinkle the flour over the mixture, then stir in the stock.
4 Add the tomato puree.
5 Bring to the boil and simmer for 30 mins.
6 Make the topping with the butter, milk and potato
7 Transfer to an ovenproof dish, top with the mash potato
8 Sprinkle with cheese bake
Hope it helps, got loads of other children friendly recipes on the computer it anyone would like a copy xx

id use it, shes well over one now, so can have adult food, and i prefer chicken gravy anyway!

At Caitlin's point I intend Heebs eating what we do :shrug: We have gravy on stuff - not every day but I wouldnt be frightened to give it her. I used ready made pasta sauces on occasions - not often but again no biggy. I dont cook with salt - you know, like in veg being boiled etc and we are not big junk food eaters but I wouldnt be too concerned about a pizza and chips here and there. :) Cottage pie with a drop of Bisto and a bit of veg is pretty wholesome compared to some of the shit people feed their kids these days!!! :rofl:

x

x

Why not make a sauce for it that doesn't need gravy? I make mine with tomatoes, tomato puree etc..:) or you can get lower salt bisto too.

I have fed Jack this but the lower salt granuels..

My HV told me to leave it out as its a bit salty but it wasnt like he had an overly big portion and he seemed to enjoy it...?:shrug:

heinz do a beef stock for babies- id use that.

I tend to get lotsa heinz baby stocks and use them to cook my cassseroles with.

A favourite of my lil girls is steamed cauliflower and i just add the heinz 3 cheese sauce, mash it up and voila- cauli cheese.

Seths had gravy a couple of times in Shepheards pie and stuff, I would guive him it seperately but I always thought a little bit wont hurt?

You can also get baby gravy granules in Boots

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back