Gravidarum?

Dobsd

Reaction score
Hi ladies.

I'm 6+5 and for the last almost three weeks, I've been vomiting every day, several times a day. I have constant nausea from the moment I wake up to the moment I go to bed. I have chronic fatigue and struggle to even stand up sometimes. I'm isually fit and healthy so this is a big deal for me. I can hardly eat and when I do it causes nausea and vomiting. I've lost 5kg in two weeks and today I passed out and have felt dizzy since...
I'm now wondering if it could be HG. I've heard stories of ladies suffering with it and they all sound so much more severe than I'm going through. Is it possible to get mild HG?! I know this isn't just normal morning sickness and I'm starting to worry...

Edit: title should say 'Hyperemesis Gravidarum'. It deleted the first word for some reason!!

It does sound like HG if it affecting your life to that degree. I've had it in all of my pregnancies that have lasted longer than 6 weeks except for this one. You must seek some medical advice, especially if your fainting. You may need medication. I know there's a bit of stigma surrounding taking medication for sickness but if it's HG you won't have much of a choice. It becomes impossible to function normally. It's also very easy to become dehydrated so try and up your fluid intake. I spent most of my first trimester last pregnancy in hospital on a drip because of dehydration. Ice lollies and ice cubes were my saviour, it's the only way I could keep fluid down. Eat little and often. A doctor may suggest keeping a food diary to see if certain foods trigger the sickness more than others. Good luck and I really hope you feel better soon!

Hi I have HG been on a drip three times get your urine checked for ketones as that means your dehydrated.

Not an expert but another possible thing that you could have is anemia. I have it, passed out at the doctor and feel dizzy/light headed a lot. I'm also beyond tired all the time. My heart also races a lot. They have me on iron tablets but they don't seem to be helping to much. I've heard that sometimes people don't absorb the tablets well though.

Not an expert but another possible thing that you could have is anemia. I have it, passed out at the doctor and feel dizzy/light headed a lot. I'm also beyond tired all the time. My heart also races a lot. They have me on iron tablets but they don't seem to be helping to much. I've heard that sometimes people don't absorb the tablets well though.

I've had my iron levels checked and they were fine. I thought at first it could be that as my iron levels went down in my last pregnancy but they're fine this time, luckily!

Thanks for your replies ladies. I've spoken to my midwife and she didn't seem too concerned, just said to keep an eye on my urine and if it starts to get dark, then to go get checked out.

Maryanne1987 - what is the medication they put you on for HG? Would like to do some research beforehand in case it comes to that!

I had HG in first trimester. Was hospitalized for 3 days due to severe dehydration. I wasn't vomiting non stop but rather couldn't eat or drink bc of the nausea. I had to be hospitalized and was put on 3 different meds: diclectin, zofran and maxeran. It was truly awful. Disappeared the second I was 12 weeks. Hope yours does too! My symptoms were exactly like you! I lost a ton of weight and could barely eat or drink bc of the nausea. My hospitalization helped so much!!

I had HG in first trimester. Was hospitalized for 3 days due to severe dehydration. I wasn't vomiting non stop but rather couldn't eat or drink bc of the nausea. I had to be hospitalized and was put on 3 different meds: diclectin, zofran and maxeran. It was truly awful. Disappeared the second I was 12 weeks. Hope yours does too! My symptoms were exactly like you! I lost a ton of weight and could barely eat or drink bc of the nausea. My hospitalization helped so much!!

Thanks for your reply. I was thinking it wasn't severe enough to be HG as I'm not constantly throwing up, but your post has made me realise it most likely is. If I still can't eat tomorrow I'm going to make an appointment with my doctor and see what he suggests. I can't go on like this, I can barely move most of the time.
I'm seriously hoping it goes away at 12 weeks, the thought of it going on any longer makes me want to cry!

Thanks for your reply. I was thinking it wasn't severe enough to be HG as I'm not constantly throwing up, but your post has made me realise it most likely is. If I still can't eat tomorrow I'm going to make an appointment with my doctor and see what he suggests. I can't go on like this, I can barely move most of the time.
I'm seriously hoping it goes away at 12 weeks, the thought of it going on any longer makes me want to cry!

Believe me If anyone understands exactly how you feel it's me! I was literally out for 3 months. I couldn't move and couldn't stand the smell of anything! Eating and drinking was next to impossible. If it continues for you please contact your dr or go straight to the hospital they will help rehydrate you and it makes the world of a difference! Pm me if you have any questions xx

Thanks for your replies ladies. I've spoken to my midwife and she didn't seem too concerned, just said to keep an eye on my urine and if it starts to get dark, then to go get checked out.

Maryanne1987 - what is the medication they put you on for HG? Would like to do some research beforehand in case it comes to that!

At first cyclizine and then moved on to zofran all though I will be honest that they didn't stop the sickness totally. Just eased it so I could live a more normal life. Really hope you feel better soon!

Hi ladies, thanks so much for your replies. My partner is struggling to understand how I'm feeling and support me accordingly, so it's nice to speak to people who have been through the same thing!

I went to see my GP this morning as it got to the point where I wasn't eating at all. He's prescribed some medication. I've taken two so far today and have already managed to keep down a slice of toast and some crisps. Come to think of it, I haven't spent the entire day wretching like usual either. Hopefully this is me 'on the mend'. He said I was a little dehydrated but not so much that I'd need an IV yet. I'm going to make an effort over he weekend to drink more but he said if I can't then to go back in and he'll hook me up to the IV.
Feeling much better already, even just for having someone to talk to about it who understands!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->