Grayson's birth :)

GetNmyBelly

Reaction score
my due date was September 24th 2015. i was scheduled to be induced on October 4th because he wouldn't come! well, on October 2nd around 11am, i cleaned my house really good.. i was about to vacuum, but my Chihuahua Stinky wanted to go outside. i took him out & stood there as he was using the bathroom. i felt something come out down there & go down my leg a tiny bit. i went inside & went to the bathroom.. it was blood! i freaked out & called my husband to come home. we got to the hospital about 45 mins later & they tested me for leaking amniotic fluid & did an ultrasound. it came back that it wasn't amnio fluid & they did an NST. after about 30 min the nurse came back & said everything looked good & she was waiting for me to get discharged. well an hour goes by & she comes back & says shes waiting for the doctor to get here. eventually the doctor comes in my room & says she wants to induce.. right now! so i got admitted & they checked me. i started at nothing really lol. they inserted a medication near my cervix then checked me 3 hours later. i was only 1cm:nope: they insert another & about 2 hours later i was screaming n pain with every contraction. came in & checked me & i was 3cm:happydance: i decided to get am epidural. i HATED it. i hated not being able to move, i hated getting a straight cath every few hours, i hated how my legs felt like 500 pounds a piece.. i just hated everything about it. They started Pitocin. a few hours later i was only at a 4. then i went to sleep & was woke up by a nurse changing my position & rubbing my stomach. she said Grayson's heart rate dropped & they had to get it back up. they gave me oxygen & then some medication through my IV.. the nurse said it was gonna make my heart feel like its beating real fast. i don't remember what the medication was called. well they got it back up & said everything was fine. Then he did it again & this time a doctor came in & told the nurse to stop the "pit" ..i was so scared! They gave it a 30 minute break & started it back up. all of a sudden i was in unbearable pain with each contraction! i was screaming! 3 nurses came in & tried everything then said i had a "hot spot" which is a place the medication stopped working at. they had this stupid oxygen mask on me for hours. then called the anestisiaologist (i know i spelled that wrong!!!) he came in & didn't want to redo my epi. this nurse i had (Jen) pretty much made him! she said "i wont let her lay here like this. this is the last thing to try to get it to stop" well he eventually agreed. it worked. as soon as i got relief from the pain i was asleep. i heard a nurse say "i think she's making change" & then i was checked again & i was 8cm. i called my mom & let her come watch Gray be born. an hour and a half later i was 10cm. i had SO MUCH PRESSURE. i never imagined it would be like that. it was painful! the only time i felt ok was when i was pushing! i wouldn't let them sit my butt back on the bed because the pressure was so bad. well at first i was pushing & holding back a little because i didn't wanna poop lol. then i started hearing whispers & heard someone say something about passing meconium. my mom looked sad to me. i got scared & thought something happened to my baby. i just kept asking if he was ok but they kept saying he was fine & that if he wasn't they would b taking me back for a c section. then they started talking about using a vacuum to get him out. ugh i was so upset. that was when i really started pushing. the doctor told me to keep pushing just like that. a few mins later my baby boy was here. he was born October 3rd at 3:26 pm. he was 20.75 inches & 8 pounds 11 oz! i had a tiny tear & had one stitch. hearing him cry was amazing. when his head came out my husband said "omygod.. OMYGOD BABE!!!" lol it was too funny! he didn't inhale much meconium so he was fine! he did great with breastfeeding but the doctor convinced me to supplement for a few days until my milk came in. so i did for 2 days & then finally i was engorged & leaking! we are still breastfeeding & he is over 10 pounds now. he has acid reflux tho & has just had to start medication. other than that tho he is a great baby! i love being a mommy!

i know this was long lol thanks for reading if u did!

Graybaby.jpg
Gray22.jpg

He is sooo cute!! Congratulations!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann